Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the seat mount but I'm trying to figure out some good spots to mount it. Any one have any good spots to mount it where they got some good videos?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Night stand!

·
Registered
361 Posts
The possibilities are endless...

·
Registered
36 Posts
My friend mounted his on top of his helmet. He got some great video!! There's only one issue with mounting it on top of you helmet that he found out the hard way. If you go under low branches that require you to duck your head, Your going to have to really put your head down low cause the go-pro mount sticks up about 3-4 inches.

*Edit: You said crazy spots, my bad..

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
My friend mounted his on top of his helmet. He got some great video!! There's only one issue with mounting it on top of you helmet that he found out the hard way. If you go under low branches that require you to duck your head, Your going to have to really put your head down low cause the go-pro mount sticks up about 3-4 inches.

*Edit: You said crazy spots, my bad..
I found that out to :mad:. After awhile of riding you will forget its on your helmet and once you go under a branch shit will hit the fan.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My buddy has one and he mounted his with the sticky tape to the top of the hood. It worked good till my other buddy said" Im surprised its staying on that good" The next bump it goes flying off. Camera one direction,mount in another.

Was great view though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
so far ive done helmet,(under visor) handle bars, bumper, and a arm, a arm is crazy though. i had to take it off after a few runs because stuff kept hitting it
im also going to mount a pole on my rear grab bar so i can have it hanging off the back but out a bit so you can get all the sideways action etc....:D

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so far ive done helmet,(under visor) handle bars, bumper, and a arm, a arm is crazy though. i had to take it off after a few runs because stuff kept hitting it
im also going to mount a pole on my rear grab bar so i can have it hanging off the back but out a bit so you can get all the sideways action etc....:D
Wheres the videos of the a arms? that sounds pretty cool. I was thinking of poping it on the bumper and the handle bars.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Seen a vid of one mounted so all you saw was the rear tires and the tracks they were leaving behind. It was cool as a segment of the vid. A little cheaper option for a cam is the playsport around $150 and its waterproof.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seen a vid of one mounted so all you saw was the rear tires and the tracks they were leaving behind. It was cool as a segment of the vid. A little cheaper option for a cam is the playsport around $150 and its waterproof.
That sounds pretty cool but nothing beats a go pro. I wonder where they would have mounted it.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Good topic, I was just thinking about this myself....going to give my gopro a try this weekend for the first time.

Doing one mount on the helmet like everybody else does, but I want a few other mounts just to get some crazy footage of the drags.

Thinking of doing one on the swingarm right over the carrier next to the caliper, pointing back to see all the other slow quads :lol:. Should get some cool video of the tires throwing some sand off the launch.

I may stick another one on the seat pointing back so you can see the top of the tires too. Other than that, I'm not sure what to do with it...

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I like the idea of installing the GoPro on the upper a-arms. I think that would be really really cool in a drag race.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts