Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's, I am preparing to pick up my CT exhaust & kit tomorrow (1-12-07) and install it. What's this I hear about a BLOW TORCH and a RUBBER MALLET? Am I going to be in for it? Any ideas or recomendations while installing this? I would like to think I'm alright in turnning wrenches but a BLOW TORCH!! I dun-no guys...Any heads up prior too would be great..Thanks.

Don

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I'm fairly sure I've used a rubber mallet many times when fitting the pipes, it just makes it easier. As for the blow torch, well I didn't have that problem with the CT or any of the other pipes I've installed.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've heard of a lot of ATV products that don't fit well, but if the fitment of something that you purchased is so bad that you need to apply heat... call the manufacturer and get a replacement.

I'm not one of those people that "settles" for something. If I pay my hard earned money for a product, it better damn well fit.

I was warned that the tusk nerfs I ordered may have fitment issues, but luckily they went on without much coaxing.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
let me clear something up... I wasn't forced to use a blow torch, not that they are that hard to use. I would recommend heating the canister side of the pipe, making it easier to fit the header and canister. Mine came very tight from CT. If i had tried, probably could have done it with just the mallet. I chose to make it easier and it slipped in a lot easier. Each one will be a little diff. Persistence is what got my pipe to fit.

Don't forget to put the gaskets in or it will leak and you will have backfiring. They go between the headers and the engine block.

·
Registered
158 Posts
my friend got a ct for his raptor, it transformed his bike, stacks of power and reasonably quiet also. fantastic pipe.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
never had one prob installing mine

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's Done!! Intstalled the CT exhaust and all the goodies. Pipe went on without one hitch. Actually i had more problems and time on the filter box mod for the K&N Pro Flow. But hay, nothing a cold beer could not handle. Runs like a CHAMP!! More power, sound is fantastic and the nieghbors love me. Ran it up and down the street a few times and I'll be checking the plug to see how it's burning. Thanks guys for all your info. I think I might look at some suspension mods next. Can't wait to get this in the dunes now!!

Don

Here's what I got so far,

CT exhaust & header
Jets: 165 (L) & 172.5 (R)
Pilot: 22.5
K&N Pro Flow/Billett adapter w/outerwear & No lid
Clear tube method on floats (nice throttle response)
Renthal Bars
Torch lighting

·
Registered
147 Posts
How much did you guys pay for your full ct setups? The cheapest ive found it is 499.95. Im still hiding money from the wife to save up. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
ryeguy said:
Im still hiding money from the wife to save up. :grin_nod:
Join the club! :lol:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The full kit shipped to my door...$714

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the full set up i'm willing to sell for $430 shipped to the us. includes full ct pipe, polished with extra discs, gytr jet kit with 4 extra jets and a pro flo billet adapter with k&N filter with outer ware. outer ware is red in color. all parts listed above are used but in excellent condition.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mours2 said:
i have the full set up i'm willing to sell for $430 shipped to the us. includes full ct pipe, polished with extra discs, gytr jet kit with 4 extra jets and a pro flo billet adapter with k&N filter with outer ware. outer ware is red in color. all parts listed above are used but in excellent condition.
Where were you when I needed you? Great price for anyone looking.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i'll say, did someone say they got it for $500 the full kit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts