Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sparks Racing

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I think I know all I can about the LTE and DMC exhausts after all the posts concerning them.

I would like to know who out there runs either the CT or Sparks pipes and what type of results you have had. I would really like to hear about anyone running these pipes against the above mentioned duals.

Now, I know that the HMF and several other single pipes are nice but, these two seem to be the power leaders. I am actually leaning towards a single as I am as much into looks as performance and you don't run into very many modded up bikes up here so .5 horses is not going to kill me.

So, let me have it,
Jay

·
Registered
661 Posts
i had the ct on mine, very good pipe, performance wise. have heard good remarks about the sparks. will be putting one on my 660. but the hp with the ct, pro-flo, and fuel controller, was 50.13 hp not sure on the tq. but i know it was a lot.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, pretty even so far. What other pipes/bikes have you guys ran against and how did it turn out?

Jay

·
Registered
497 Posts
desdak4 said:
Wow, pretty even so far. What other pipes/bikes have you guys ran against and how did it turn out?

Jay
I think if you read enough on here you will come to the conclusion that the singles are so close that it would be hard to say that one would beat another. I comes down to looks and sound. If you want a mellow sound that barks hard when you snap the throttle, go CT. If you want to be the loudest thing at your favorite riding spot, go with the Big Gun.
There is a guy that camps with us that won't start his bike if the rear is facing the inner circle of camp and even then it is loud. He has that Big Gun Evo pipe. If he had the money, he'd ditch it and buy a CT. I have had two other people switch to the CT after hearing mine. There are other pipes that look better though so it still comes down to preference.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I run a LRD pipe on my 660 and the bolts for the header broke off into the block twice. The pipe gives great bottom end and sounds very nice . 8)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you guys ran against any of the duals with you pipes? How did you fair? I do a pretty good amount of drag racing (not near as much as ditch and trail riding) and want the power to win when needed.

Also, when I said into looks as much as performance I was talking more about how the plastic only has one hump in the back. That, I think, makes it look kind of wierd having two pipes. I think unless you spend a lot of time polishing or just in sand your pipes will look crappy after a while no matter what. I already had ceramic coated pipes before and they even started to look bad after about 8 months.

Jay

·
Registered
562 Posts
if u dont have duals/ sparks

·
Registered
562 Posts
i had sparks/ it was awsome/ 47.15hp went to dmc duels/ getting my bike back today frm same dyno/ ill let u know the hp

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
check out my predator b for i sold it 50.65hp :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would love to hear your numbers when you get them. Those predators can be plain nasty. My buddy has one that has the 558 kit in it and it flys.

Back to the pipes. In my research I got to looking at some of what even the people who sell them say/show which led me to the below graphs. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't CTs look better than DMCs? These are straight from their respective sites.

Jay

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
One of if not the best pipe for all over power is the CT. The CT is tunable for sound as well. Sparks seems to be a good pipe but I would go with CT for a single pipe.

·
Registered
373 Posts
desdak4 said:
I would love to hear your numbers when you get them. Those predators can be plain nasty. My buddy has one that has the 558 kit in it and it flys.

Back to the pipes. In my research I got to looking at some of what even the people who sell them say/show which led me to the below graphs. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't CTs look better than DMCs? These are straight from their respective sites.

Jay
i don't belive there chart but i still say that ct is best for the 700 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Saw a pipe shootout for the 700 in a mag. about 8-10 months ago. Can't remember which one, but it was around the time I was looking for a system for mine. What got me is the dyno results they posted were about identical to the ones CT has posted on their site. No dual pipe set-ups were in the shootout, but out of the dozen or so pipes they tested, CT did post the most power with the best curve. The only complaint they had is that it is a loud pipe. I now run the CT with no complaints. Its not the prettiest pipe out there, but thats not why I bought it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The CT does seem to be the pipe for singles. I think I am down to LTE or CT just not sure yet, there is so much info out there.

Jay

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
You won't go wrong with either way, there both good pipes. I have seen a lot of fast hill shooters running the CT pipe so they are definitly popular and seem to perform well on the hill.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you ever seen one running against a bike with duels? Honestly the biggest issue for me is all the install problems people are having with the LTE especially the ceramic coated ones. I have little to no patients

Jay

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
desdak4 said:
Have you ever seen one running against a bike with duels? Honestly the biggest issue for me is all the install problems people are having with the LTE especially the ceramic coated ones. I have little to no patients

Jay
I believe the LTE install issues are a bit over-rated. Everyone seens to have an easy time with fit and finish with the DMC duals if you really want duals. It's a good pipe but doesn't seem to be quite as powerful as the LTE's. Probably right on par with the CT though.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am thinking the CT and LTEs are very, very close in power if not the same.

Jay

1 - 20 of 20 Posts