Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed all the goodies listed above, started up and ran fine sounds awesome and feels a hell of alot better when I ride it (only went around the block though). I installed the 170 175 jets included in the kit and 25 pilots. I installed the k&n filter with the lid, because the lid helps hold the filter in. So I cut a hole in the lid to get better air flow, and that seems to be working fine. Are there any signs I should be looking for to make sure its running ok? It did sound like it may have been idiling a little higher than it used to but im not sure if thats just the sound of the new pipe. Thanks again for all the help guys. :beer:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Check the spark plug. Should be golden brown.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
If you got the full kit from CT I would have expected it to be a clamp on filter kit, not the drop in K&N.

With the snorkel removed and a hole cut you are probably a bit rich at 170/175, and if you got the kit you should have gotten some needles as well, put those in on the middle clip.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
sounds a little rich on the mains but if it runs okay than it should be fine....you can turn down your idle where the thrpttle cable goes into the carb;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I removed the snorkel and basically cut out the whole top of the lid so its pretty much wide open, I made the mistake of not ordering the whole kit, I just orderd the filter by itself. I am considering getting a kit in a couple of weeks we'll see though. I did replace the needles I forgot to mention that, and I did that to their specs which was forth clip down from the top.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What, if any signs would I have if I was running rich?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks I'm going to look at that tonight.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just ordered the clamp on filter :burnout:

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Just installed all the goodies listed above, started up and ran fine sounds awesome and feels a hell of alot better when I ride it (only went around the block though). I installed the 170 175 jets included in the kit and 25 pilots. I installed the k&n filter with the lid, because the lid helps hold the filter in. So I cut a hole in the lid to get better air flow, and that seems to be working fine. Are there any signs I should be looking for to make sure its running ok? It did sound like it may have been idiling a little higher than it used to but im not sure if thats just the sound of the new pipe. Thanks again for all the help guys. :beer:
I would drop the needles a notch so they are about half way down and install mains aorund 160 - 165 mikunis...............:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts