Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried this kit? Good, bad, Ok?... I've been considering buying the CT pipe and noticed the new performance work they offer on the 700. I havent heard anything negative about CT and wanted to get some feedback from the forum prior to making any investments. CT's website says:

"700 Sonic High Output Kit:
We have just finished the [email protected] program for our Sonic 700 kit. We have been tuning them and setting them up as we would one of our Baja Race quads, for good power and durability. We have been posting about 60 HP on the Dyno running like this set up. We can attain more HP but durability will suffer if we shove a bunch more cam, and valve size to it , bumping up the HP.. A 60 HP motor with the high torque numbers of the Raptor is seriously fast and a blast to ride with lots of bottom.The kit is offered as a motor only package we recommend the Sonic Pipe, a fuel management program is required, we have had great success with the Dynatek F.I. Controller or the Dynojet Power Commander. The Dobeck Gen 3 will work, but the Dobek Gen 2 will not.
Kit includes Honing your cylinder to Extract Maximum Performance and fitment of a JE Performance 12/1 Piston Kit, CT Porting your head, Web Sonic Grind Camshaft, Sonic 5 angle contoured Valve Job, Sonic Valve Spring kit, Top End Gasket set. Your cam is required as a core, just ship us your head, cylinder and cam to receive this package. $1,145.00"

http://www.ctracing.com/raptor_700.htm

Any feedback appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Too much money, Im doin the same thing to mine except a 11:1 Wiseco and after all is said and done I will have about $800 tied up in it(and thats if I paid myself to port my head which Im not so Ill have less than that in it).
CT does have great stuff and I would probably buy something like that if I didnt do my own work but thats about $200 or so too much, but this is still a new quad and people will pay this for it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
CTs pipe works great on bottom end, i ride sand all the time and i can lug it up most hills but im goin to drag my out. i pulled 50.34 horse out of my stock motor with there pipe. ill be sellin my here in a little while. let me now if ur interested and ill save you lots of money on it. as far as there motor work ive heard lots of good things, but have no personal experince with it. hope that helps you a little, let me know on the pipe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts