Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a ct pipe and if so, how does it compair to the lte's dual set up. Has anyone ever worked with ct they seem to know what they are talking about . :feedback:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been leaning towards either getting the CT pipe of the LTE duals but would love some feedback as well...looks like you got their "High Output" kit for the 700. How do you like it? Do they do good work? What are the performance gains like?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a little pre mature on the profile, I gues you could call it excitment. my top end is still at there shop i am expecting it tomarrow or wed. My plan is to break it in this weekend and i will let you know. As far as working with them, Alan at ct racing has been very helpfull. He really spends alot of time with you, even when you know you are asking dumb questions. I also really like the fact that they are more of a race shop than just a retail mod shop. To me this means they are constantly on the dyno and always looking for more hp and durability.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm running the CT with nothing but positve results. I would definately recommend it. It is not the best looking pipe on the market but the fit provides plenty of clearance from the frame and plastics. The heat shield is simple but efficent. I purchased the complete kit from CT so it came with the Dynotech programmer preset, the Proflow billet adapter and K&N filter. It all works together seemlessly. I talked to alot of other companies before deciding to go with CT (Trinity, ALBA, Duncan, ect.) and couldn't get a straight response from any of them when it came to actual numbers on a dyno. CT was the only company willing to back there product with numbers instead of catch fraises like "large gains thru out the curve". I'd ask " How large?" then hear silence or "Uhh, I should be able to tell you but can't right now."(that quote came from ALBA). As far as personal experiance goes I can tell you the kit really unlocked the power in my Raptor. I would suggest switching to the 15 tooth front sprocket at the same time you do your install.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the review spawn101. I am considering this pipe as well. What do you think of the sound? The reviews say its loud, but CTs website says "stealthy 98db" indicating its not that bad. Have you tried it with less than 10 discs? Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SPAWN THANKS FOR YOU RESPONSE. ONE QUESTION ON THE FIFTEEN TOOTH, IF YOU WEIGHT OVER 225 POUNDS SHOULD YOU STILL DO THE 15T WITH JUST A PIPE, AIR KIT, AND COMPUTER AS YOUR ONLY MODS.

·
Registered
54 Posts
im 250lbs and have the 3 mods, and the 15t made a helluva difference. do it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm 215 pounds, and yes run the 15 tooth. I was worried about loosing torqe in the dunes but if anything it helped with the way the power hit the wheels. I can still pull about anything in Glamis in third gear. At idle the CT dosen't seem to loud, but when you get on it the discs definately move some air. No, I haven't tried using fewer discs.

·
Registered
325 Posts
i'm a 220lbs rider and i have all three mods and love it, i had the discs on at first but i didn't like it so i took the off and love it now. i also run the 15t and dobeck my friends can tell the diff. between mine and theres they all ride 700s with diff. pipes and love mine i chose mine comparing it in the atv pipe shootout. i got some pics and will add some videos in the (Pictures of LTE dual exhaust, CT exhaust and HMF) post.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I spoke with Dave at CT late Monday and ordered their complete package for my 700 and one for my daughters YZF450. He seemed to know what he was talking about and was pleasant to deal with. He said I'd have it on Thursday and it came as promised. Hassle free experience. We'll see if the stuff works as promised.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts