Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CT's pipe along with the controller and intake they sell made plenty of power and sounded good.
http://www.ctracing.com/raptor_700.htm

One of the guys that went with us has the 3 mods on an 06' 700 and both bikes seemed pretty even going up the hill. I forgot what he has but don't think it matters as most of them are going to be pretty even. I like the convenience of ordering everything from one company. The biggest difference between the two bikes is mine is a lot quieter. Don't get me wrong, the CT pipe still has plenty of bark to it but my ears were never ringing.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Must be using slicks on the runs at CT, not saying that its not possible for them to get those #s- just saying its through slicks/dyno tires. Either way its a mean combo and not to be taken lightly 8)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Must be using slicks on the runs at CT, not saying that its not possible for them to get those #s- just saying its through slicks/dyno tires. Either way its a mean combo and not to be taken lightly 8)
They should be using slicks. The idea of a dyno run is to get an accurate picture of what the engine is doing. True you don't ride with slicks but you don't ride a dyno either. As long as they used the same set-up for the baseline and the modded run I don't have a problem with it. In fact I would encourage it.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
I will run my on slicks in a couple of months to see what Im actually making, I wasnt knockin doin it that way I was just being realistic with my personal power #s.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My butt dyno says it runs pretty good regardless of numbers. Well worth $900.00. My buddy has a new GYTR and after riding mine, he'll be ordering the same kit tomorrow. It is a lot easier to ride in the dunes with the extra power. Put it in 3rd gear and leave it there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts