Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as I said I would do in the CT pipe thread that we were on, I topped the Raptor out in 5th gear.

Gearing: 14/40
Altitude: 1000ft above Sea Level
Wind Blowing directly at my left side about 5-10mph, no effect on forward velocity
Temperature: 49 F

Carburetor Specifications:
Main Jets: 165/170
Pilots: 27.5's
Needle: CT titaniums 4th notch down
Float Height: +3mm for both sides

Top speed: 89.2mph flat ground, 85mph up a slight grade

90mph is possible with a little bit better conditions but thats enough for me. It still feels comfortable to me at these speeds but the steering becomes almost twitchy.

I just wondered what it would do flat out and I thought I might as well share it with you guys.

BTW in theory using fluid dynamics, I predicted in theory using CT's dyno curve the the Raptor would hit the end at 88.38mph @ 8004.5 RPM's while it is making 45.49hp. Not too bad. I was only 0.82mph off.

Anyone else test theirs?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I dont have my jetting specs....but on the dyno on the 14/40 my bike was reading 90.3. On the street on 8psi in the rear and 10psi in the front I've hit 93 according to the gps in my truck. I dont have the torque up top to pull a 15tooth nicely enough but have reached 90 with it....more hp/tq and it SHOULD be higher.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats smokin' man. I hear those Sparks Big Cores and the CT's are about the best single exhausts there are. How do you like yours?

I don't have a dyno anywhere close to run mine on, the closest is about 2hrs away. From the speed I am getting would you say its safe to say that I am making about the same curve that's on CT's website?
Also about how much would a test run on a dyno cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
I love the pipe, the way it sounds :thumbsup:. I put down 52.6rwhp just jet/intake/pipe with it, its too bad I have to sell it to get duals for the 719/721 build

1 - 4 of 4 Posts