Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who out there is running a Cuervo +1 Head or any +1 Head on their Raptor 700. Would like you to share what combo of Cam, Compression Piston, Throttle Body and Intake your running to better help me decide if it can easily reach the desired hp I’m looking for.

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
What is your desired HP?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts
+1 Cuervo head
+2 throttle body
+5 stroker crank
HDD5050 cam
11:1 CP piston, decked .040in
Sling shot lock out
Head studs
Crank bearing support plate

72-74 HP, 55-57 torque at sea level, 92 pump gas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 Cuervo head
+2 throttle body
+5 stroker crank
HDD5050 cam
11:1 CP piston, decked .040in
Sling shot lock out
Head studs
Crank bearing support plate

72-74 HP, 55-57 torque at sea level, 92 pump gas.
Stock intake tube???

·
Registered
708 Posts
FCI duh

·
11,045 Posts
FCI intake and stock, port matched rubber manifold.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Wondering how Brandon is achieving this with much cheaper builds! Makes me feel as though a + 1 head with a 14:1 piston in the same setup listed in the pic should be at least 75hp

·
Registered
708 Posts
You should do it and find out!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Or next best option, call Cuervo and ask him. And call HPS and ask him about your build too. Get it right from the horses mouth.

·
11,045 Posts
I can guarantee Cuervo builds make more power than HPS. HPS has been challenged to race Cuervo many times and always backed down.

Sure, you can take a stock motor and add 14:1 and make power with race gas, but it's not the right way.

70/53.5 SAE, look at the bottom end lost. And can you get a constant 93 octane. If you got to mix race gas, may as well get the 14:1

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As far as race gas I agree! I’d go full high compression and run 110 before I mixed anything! But it’s still amazing how he’s making that that much hp with the stock intake tube and on 93

·
11,045 Posts
Stock intake tube isn't that bad with a good filter.

Stock stroke, stock bore and stock valves can make some good power with a little more compression and TB. But again, how many people have pump 93 available? (no "T" not you)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Stock intake tube isn't that bad with a good filter.

Stock stroke, stock bore and stock valves can make some good power with a little more compression and TB. But again, how many people have pump 93 available? (no "T" not you)
Is 93 not common where you are??

·
11,045 Posts
Is 93 not common where you are??
I'm in Washington state and max at the pump is 92. I ride sand dunes in Oregon and most places is 92. Once and a while I can find 93. Also travel to Glamis thru Arazona, Nevada and California and always look for 93, but mostly 92.
What is available around the country?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm in Washington state and max at the pump is 92. I ride sand dunes in Oregon and most places is 92. Once and a while I can find 93. Also travel to Glamis thru Arazona, Nevada and California and always look for 93, but mostly 92.
Is 93 ok to run with a 12:1 piston?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
No 93 around here anymore, just 91. E85 is pretty common though

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm in Va, and 93 is everywhere, and has been for as long as I can remember(I'm 42).
I've also traveled the country alot personally, and I used to drive a tractor trailer, 40 states, and I watched gas prices out of curiosity(in turn paying attention to octane and costs).
93 is pretty common on the east coast. As you go west/southwest, I did notice the highest octane drop to 92 and 91. Which I assume just depends on what the closest refinery makes. Why a point or two less, I have no idea...but our higher octane east coast 93(north east excluded) is cheaper than the lower octane in most of the rest of the country...but it's all garbage ethonal anymore, lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts