Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to consider in regards to OEM parts when quad has been modded say Carb, exhaust, ect...?

CDI box?

Just curious as I went against my better judgement and bought a modded 660 when rather a stock. Now I dont know all of the modds done to the 04' besides EDLEBROCK CARB, YOSHI exhaust, SUPER ? cdi box.

If CDI box does die, what is smart to replace with, STOCK / $ aftermarket or $$$$$ aftermarket?

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
We say it over and over, surprised you haven't already seen this - Aftermarket CDI won't do ANYTHING for you unless you've modded your engine for much more flow at higher RPM - read cam, valves, porting, etc.

Don't waste your money on a CDI - do exhaust, airbox and jetting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We say it over and over, surprised you haven't already seen this - Aftermarket CDI won't do ANYTHING for you unless you've modded your engine for much more flow at higher RPM - read cam, valves, porting, etc.

Don't waste your money on a CDI - do exhaust, airbox and jetting.

As far as I know its got the Edlebrock Carb, Yoshi exhaust, aftermarket CDI box (may be shot).

Will I be able to tell if its got modded CAMs, Valves, Porting, etc... they stamped or marked at all?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Valves will be harder to tell unless you pull the head. Cam may or may not be marked... look for yellow paint on the cam gear flanges (stock). Porting will be obvious because it will not be the as-cast surface on the intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts