Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off thanks for all the help everyone on this site has given me,I've found enough info to clean up and do all the maintenance needed to be done on a machine that has been sitting for a couple years and now it runs great and is used to get me back and fourth to work (easy way to have fun and beat high gas prices).So my last project was tearing down the carbs for a good cleaning, I found both carbs have a 142 main and the other is a f22. I read an article saying the jets in both carbs are different so has this machine been jetted?

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
it may have been jetted incorrectly. are you sure the main jets are the same? one should be higher and they shouldn't be 142. and the pilot (f22) is stock

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
The main jets are certainly not stock... sounds like DJ jets as 142 Mikuni's don't exist, but if they did they'd be smaller than stock. Is there an aftermarket muffler on your quad and is the airbox modified?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think stock exhaust,or Atleast it looks it,and air box is not modified but has a k&n filter. Should I change the jets?? And if so what should I run or simply what should i do??it runs good but could it cause furture problems or maybe not have the power it should? ?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I think stock exhaust,or Atleast it looks it,and air box is not modified but has a k&n filter. Should I change the jets?? And if so what should I run or simply what should i do??it runs good but could it cause furture problems or maybe not have the power it should? ?
Does the airbox still have its snorkel and does the snorkel still have the samll air dams inside, the air box mods govern the jetting the most............

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
No air dams,I removed the snorkel when I cleaned the carbs
If you removed the snorkel, you will need to rejet, if you remove the air dams from inside the snorkel, you will need to rejet..............

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK,so what's an ideal of what I would run???cleaning the carbs was a learning experience on its own,I have no clue what to put in.in the future I intend on changing the sprockets to give a quicker low end.most of my riding is in the woods so a high topend is not required

1 - 8 of 8 Posts