Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I want to change my standard pipe for a power pipe, don't care about how loud it is, where i ride has no restrictions...
Anyone had one of these pipes, or what pipes can you suggest, don't want to spend a fortune but want a little better than a standard raptor pipe and don't want to go backwards in performance...

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
I run a Yoshi Ti pipe. Great fit and finish! Any aftermarket exhaust will be better then stock. If that's what you have. Sparks would be a great choice!

These are the most popular pipes CT, Yoshi, HMF, Sparks and LTE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
sparks big core sounds great...have one and wouldnt buy another single.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys... glad to get other opinions, I will look into them....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Full exhaust and headers - Raptor 660 2001 - Last question-decision time !!

Guys,

If I go a dual exhaust like the LTE do you have to make many mods the the standard bike as far as modifying guards etc.. I still want to run the exhaust in-frame....
I am ready to make a purchase now and need to find out the finer details...
I have read in here the CT's make some weird ticking noises etc (unsure now with this exhaust), was thinking about a full GYTR exhaust or a curtis sparks.
What is with the tunable CT, and repacking, does this regularloy have to be carried out on a race exhaust..
I mainly run in sand and want a low maintence pipe...
If I want more power gain and don't care how loud, what are your suggestions ?

Cheers
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,063 Posts
Re: Full exhaust and headers - Raptor 660 2001 - Last question-decision time !!

raptor_rider said:
Guys,

If I go a dual exhaust like the LTE do you have to make many mods the the standard bike as far as modifying guards etc.. I still want to run the exhaust in-frame....
I am ready to make a purchase now and need to find out the finer details...
I have read in here the CT's make some weird ticking noises etc (unsure now with this exhaust), was thinking about a full GYTR exhaust or a curtis sparks.
What is with the tunable CT, and repacking, does this regularloy have to be carried out on a race exhaust..
I mainly run in sand and want a low maintence pipe...
If I want more power gain and don't care how loud, what are your suggestions ?

Cheers
With the LTE you will have to relocate the coolant resiviour, they include a kit to do it.
Only thing I've heard in the way of noises from the CT is when people forget to tighten the exhaust discs down.
Don't waste your money on a GYTR.
Sparks is a great choice, but loud.
The supertrapp disc style spark arrestor allows you to tune the pipe for the desired power and noise/sound level. As opposed to a quiet core insert, which is either in or out.
The CT doesn't need to be repacked any more often than any other big pipe, and repacking on most of these pipes is a matter of years with normal riding.
Barkers will bring you the most power, (well I'm not sure on a stock bike) but they're outside the frame which you didn't want. On a stock bike LTE, Sparks, and CT are very close. If you're looking for the simplicity of a single, don't care how loud it is (which you probably should), and want power go with a sparks big core. If you don't mind the price and complexity of duals for the power you gain then go with the LTE. If you want a big power single that is still civilized, I'd suggest the CT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maddog, you are a legend... cheers I appreciate it...
This leads me into thinking about the CT, sparks and yoshi...
From the sound of it CT is going to be a bit off mucking around, LTE might be too expensive, one last thing, have you heard any reports on the yoshi or the leo vince, stupid me did not add it too my list..
I have heard a lot about the sparks so if someone can give me some opinions on a yoshi and the leo vince I will make the final decision from there...
Ah yeah, anyone know where I get either the sparks or the yoshi cheap....

Cheers
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,063 Posts
The yoshi makes very good power and can be found quite cheap at places like RMATV.

Vince, is that the roadbike pipe? Never seen one run, but haven't heard of any impressive dyno runs with one either.

If you don't mind making a bit less power than the big singles and the duals, yosh is probably your best bet. HMF is a bit more low end oriented and is also a great pipe if you're looking to putt around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
My CT pipe ticks... the only one i have heard of... it is easy to fix
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, thanks Guys, you said maddog not to waste my money on a GYTR, this is the cheapest one out off a lte/yoshi/big gun and curtis sparks ?
I am looking at $529 full exhaust inc headers etc for the gytr and dearer for all the others, are they not as good as the rest ? Hence the price you pay ?
When fitting the new exhaust do I need any gaskets etc ? I have never replaced one bfore ?
cheers gents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
raptor_rider said:
Cool, thanks Guys, you said maddog not to waste my money on a GYTR, this is the cheapest one out off a lte/yoshi/big gun and curtis sparks ?
I am looking at $529 full exhaust inc headers etc for the gytr and dearer for all the others, are they not as good as the rest ? Hence the price you pay ?
When fitting the new exhaust do I need any gaskets etc ? I have never replaced one bfore ?
cheers gents
No you wont need any new gaskets etc., but I wouldnt go with the gytr. I payed less for my sparks big core.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,063 Posts
raptor_rider said:
Cool, thanks Guys, you said maddog not to waste my money on a GYTR, this is the cheapest one out off a lte/yoshi/big gun and curtis sparks ?
I am looking at $529 full exhaust inc headers etc for the gytr and dearer for all the others, are they not as good as the rest ? Hence the price you pay ?
When fitting the new exhaust do I need any gaskets etc ? I have never replaced one bfore ?
cheers gents
You had best do some more shopping around, you're paying as much or more for that GYTR as you would for a full Yoshi, HMF, and a number of others. Heck a new CT is only 543 plus shipping and that includes a jet kit.

Not sure where you got Big Gun, they're nothing special.

You should get new exhaust gaskets (donuts).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys, here are my prices I can get the cheapest... RMATV have not responded well in regards to shipping...

full system yoshi rs3 carbon fiber $580, shipping $99
lte dual $699, SHIPPING $108
full system big gun $494 $102 shipping
full system curtis sparks $559.95 awaiting on shipping prices... from RMATV to sydney aust
full GYTR carbon fiber $585 $85

Do these seem right, all prices in USD...
Any where alse I can chase to get a decent price ?

Maddog
Vince, is that the roadbike pipe? Nah, pipe used a lot in australia Leo Vince, heard the local ATV talking about em...oh well that's fine... can't be that good then..

Ok so I take it that the yoshi is not the best either, choice sounds like the curtis sparks then....

thanks for your time guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
raptor_rider said:
Guys, here are my prices I can get the cheapest... RMATV have not responded well in regards to shipping...

full system yoshi rs3 carbon fiber $580, shipping $99
lte dual $699, SHIPPING $108
full system big gun $494 $102 shipping
full system curtis sparks $559.95 awaiting on shipping prices... from RMATV to sydney aust
full GYTR carbon fiber $585 $85

Do these seem right, all prices in USD...
Any where alse I can chase to get a decent price ?

Maddog
Vince, is that the roadbike pipe? Nah, pipe used a lot in australia Leo Vince, heard the local ATV talking about em...oh well that's fine... can't be that good then..

Ok so I take it that the yoshi is not the best either, choice sounds like the curtis sparks then....

thanks for your time guys

I payed $589 for my sparks big core WITH the ceramic coating.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,063 Posts
Barker's pipes were completely unknown not all that long ago, I wouldn't dismiss the Vince pipe just yet. Get some more info locally before you purchase (sorry I can't help with that).

GYT-R is too much.
Carbon fibre yoshi is a waste in most situations, check prices on the cheaper Titanium or aluminum. Aluminum would work just fine.
Sparks is a decent price, is that with or w/o a quiet core or disc setup? And is that a big core or regular?


Yoshi is a great pipe and makes good power, as I've said before probably the best "bang for the buck" when you go with the cheaper aluminum alternatives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will find out more about Leo Vince...

So GYTR is not worth it, does not perform well ?

Was thinking about the carbon fiber was thinking the aluminium would b hard to clean...

The sparks is w/o a quiet core and no discs at all. Big core though...

So the yoshi compares well, from your last comments I thought you meant it was a low end, just looking for performance, not the look... whatever is the best on the dyno except for going to the duals, they seem a bit too much $$$ Sounds like you are suggesting the CT and the sparks perform the best on the dyno from the single pipe full systems... I am asking on behalf of a small team of guys who are all gonna go the same, we all thought the full GYT-R race pipe would be the best for power !!
So this really changes our minds... we don't have much time to do all the testing.. thanks maddog

And thanks for all of you guys input, we appreciate it...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,063 Posts
Heierarchy of single pipes (debateable but my opinion)

Top Tier - Sparks big core, CT, Sparks
Very good but cheaper - Yoshimura, HMF (I've heard the new alba may fit in this category)
Still quite good - GYTR, Dr D, DMC Alien/Afterburner

There are more in the bottom two categories but I can't think up a comprehensive list right now. Some have different charachteristics than others; for instance the Yoshi makes it's power in the mid and upper rpms while the HMF concentrates a little more on the bottom 2/3 of the rev range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it looked like an rs3 which i have bought and installed now, i am happy with it.. you would not want an exhaust louder than it, near deafens me with my helmet on.... with the spark arrester removed... the CT must be really loud.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top