Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are 12.5 JE pistons with larger valve pockets so you can run a stage 3 cam and big valves. I had these pistons custom built. Im only getting 4 of them this week. So give me a call and I will hold one for you.

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Is there any way to run pump gas with a 12.5 piston? Like two head gaskets or something? :crazy: or should you just get a 11.1 piston? Can you have a 11.1 with large valves for a stage three cam? Sorry about all teh questions ::) Just getting knowledge for when I go the next big step! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just go with the 11-1 piston. I also have those in stock ready to be shipped.

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696

·
Registered
511 Posts
sparky did you loose myy pm? anyway i have been running a 12.5 je and a stage 3 web cam for about 15 hrs (hard hrs) and have not had a problem at all with it. when will i see the problem you think? i have had it rapped out in 3rd gear and never seen a problem yet. Should i worry if i have already put somany hrs on it?

Capt

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would bet the squish is a bit to much if it clears fine. I run the squish down to .042 and then the web 3 wont clear the exhaust valve cutouts in the stock JE piston. That might be why your not over 60 with that build.

·
Registered
689 Posts
sparky yfz said:
These are 12.5 JE pistons with larger valve pockets so you can run a stage 3 cam and big valves. I had these pistons custom built. Im only getting 4 of them this week. So give me a call and I will hold one for you.

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696
Well you only have 3 because I hope one of those is for me. :wootwoot:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.