Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Going broke one quad upgrade at a time
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm Semi new to the quad world, but Definately not new to the world of Customer Service or ordering parts. Over the years I've learned that Mistakes are Inevitable, no matter how great a product, every once in a while one will have a defect, a wrong one will be shipped, it may not perform the way you expected <-- Not the companies fault as much as your own expectation, but ur pride wont allow you to take the blaime for not researching the product better and getting your hopes up more than you should have..

When things go wrong, instead of bashing the company, call them, contact them thru what ever means you have to, and give them the opportunity to show their level of customer service. This is especially an opportunity for a company that rarely has defects. They want everyone to know what a great company they are and they want the chance to show it! So Wait before you bash on line and give them a call...

From personal experience in the quad world I will give credit to the following companies, and anyone having a problem needing some re assurance, please contact me.

First.. Barker Exhaust, wow, what a great looking product, unfortunately I had a slight problem, but I called them and wow, above and beyond, they are getting me a whole new set of exhaust, and quickly! The guys are really friendly and there to help you in any way you need.

Second.. KB motorsports, Keneth is incredibly knowledgeable, very nice, has some great deals, and will do what ever he can to help you make your decision easier, or get help with a product if you have problems. Great place to order thru or just call for info.

Tech Quad Shop is another great company. Steve is very helpfull, has some great products at great prices. Is very quick to fix any type of problem with your order. I recieved a wrong bumper, nothing that was his fault, it was mismarked origionally from the manufacturer. Contacted Steve and that day had a shipping label to me to send it back and have the right one on the way! Great Business.

Team Rocket Factory, Beau is very wise to the Raptor, they have a lot of experience building custom bikes and have great products. They're always available to talk to and get advice, very quick to respond to emails, Just an all round great solid company.

Garrett at FCI is also a great guy to deal with. Very friendly, and helpful. Just in answer to everyones question.. Yes the video on Youtube is the correct way to install the Intake! There are two tubes because the older raptor has two breather tubes, If you do not have two tubes, then you will not need two tubes on the FCI...

So please, give the guys a chance, so far I haven't had a BAD company to deal with yet.. Wait, hold that.. I have been trying to get ahold of one guy for some custom parts but he's so overwhelmed with business that he doesn't get back to emails... That one will remain nameless for now.. Still wanting the work done. LOL.. Like I said, give the companies a chance before bashing their name. Give them a chance to show what kind of company they are with their customer service. Mistakes will always happen! So stay calm, give them a call and go from there...

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
If only everyone thought like that. From my experince in the world of retail people think that if they bitch up a storm, be hostile and rude they are going to get whatever they want. That shit didn't fly with me and I wasn't about to help them with their needs. But people who are calm and don't blame you cuz the kid working in the asian sweat shop messed up a product, I was way more apt to help and resolve their problem. I agree with this guy 100% you don't have to be a rude asshole to get what you want. Just have to communicate.

·
Registered
240 Posts
+1 for TQS... Ordered their 778 Big Bore kit, Controller, brakes pads, & Dual gasser and almost everything arrived the next day. As a matter of fact I'm gonna order a Cam & FCI w/box in the next 15 min or so...

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
If a guy comes in my shop raising hell right from the start the first thing I tell them is. If you can't come in here and talk civil like an adult, you can get the f--k out of my shop right now! That usually defuses the situation and we go on from there and work the problem out. I learned a long time ago that if you let a customer be an ass the first time they will continue to do it every time they come in. Most of the time if they find out from the begining you're not gona take their crap, you got a buddy for life. :D And the ones that don't get it, you don't want to deal with anyway!

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wish I could find a good map for my set up, as easily as I can find parts and good customer Service. LOL.. Looks like It's driving 4 hours to a dyno.. Hopefully that fixes my issues.. LOL.. Anyone know what that hose is for on the side of an FCI intake that connects to the Throttle body? Mine keeps getting kinked over... Might need to put a longer hose in there.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Good post :beer:

on another note- have you contacted CycleWorks to inquire about dyno services ? They're in Central Point which Looks to be maybe 1.5-2 hours from you, and build some killer bikes !

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Seg, I'm giving them a call

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Updates..

Talked to Garrett at FCI about my hose on my intake, it's a vent for the throttle body, he suggested using the origional bent hose and attatching a piece of the new hose to it, this worked out great, he even sent me some new tubing since I butchered my origional and cut it really short. :eek:LOL. Oops.

Also, Been trying to get ahold of Cycle Worx, have not been able to. Rumor has it they are closed. Same as Naumes. Haven't heard of anyone else in Medford with a Dyno. Have an appointment at Winchester Preseidents Day weekend when I go Riding! Woo Hoo!:eek: Dunes here I come! Missed them these last couple of months!:D

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
That sucks about Cycleworks, that's the first I've heard about that. I'll see what I can dig up.

If you're headed to Winchester, just call ahead and make an appointment with Amir @ Craz-E-Deals. He's a great tuner, with a decent enough price and he's RIGHT THERE.

You know where you turn right off the hwy and onto the road that goes to the sand ? Look left just before that turn and you'll see his shop. If you're leaving the sand and about to take a left onto that hwy (toward Florence/reedsport), you're looking right at his shop across the intersection.

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sucks about Cycleworks, that's the first I've heard about that. I'll see what I can dig up.

If you're headed to Winchester, just call ahead and make an appointment with Amir @ Craz-E-Deals. He's a great tuner, with a decent enough price and he's RIGHT THERE.

You know where you turn right off the hwy and onto the road that goes to the sand ? Look left just before that turn and you'll see his shop. If you're leaving the sand and about to take a left onto that hwy (toward Florence/reedsport), you're looking right at his shop across the intersection.
I believe that's who my apt is with.. 10AM Saturday the 19th! You should drag your quad down to the sand for the weekend!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
:lol: I'd have to drag it up the hill too. I won't be riding for a couple months for sure.

Right on though, Amir does a great job for sure - you won't be disappointed with the tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts