Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well cut the fender and left the stock lights I think it looks good. Didn't completely cut it all. What do you'll think.

Attachments

·
Registered
767 Posts
I like the silver lip on the wheels, mine are starting to look pretty beat there maybe I'll do the same.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
madmike said:
looks good man
Yeah....its does. One question, how did you go about just polishing the lip of the wheel. OR did you have stock brushed aluminum ones powdercoated that way?

I want black rims, but know they will get all dinged up in the woods. The only places that get dinged though is that outer ring, so.......

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
135boom said:
madmike said:
looks good man
Yeah....its does. One question, how did you go about just polishing the lip of the wheel. OR did you have stock brushed aluminum ones powdercoated that way?

I want black rims, but know they will get all dinged up in the woods. The only places that get dinged though is that outer ring, so.......
My stock rim were the brushed aluminum, I wanted them black so I had the centers powder coated. I did it like that becase the edge is the only part that get banged up, if left in aluminum you don't notice the dings in the rim. Also a friend of mine has an SE banshee with the black rims and he did the same to them as mine. He said he taped off the edge and sprayed paint stripper on it to get the black off the lip and then polished buy hand.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
did your powdercoater tape off the edge then? Do they have high temp tape or something? Did you have to tape it, or did they?
I have had several things powdercoated, but always solid....never had anything masked off....

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
135boom said:
did your powdercoater tape off the edge then? Do they have high temp tape or something? Did you have to tape it, or did they?
I have had several things powdercoated, but always solid....never had anything masked off....
Yes, they taped it off for me. They do have a high temp tape that goes thru the oven with no problem.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
700rider said:
135boom said:
Yes, they taped it off for me. They do have a high temp tape that goes thru the oven with no problem.
sweet. I was just messing around with paint, and I like how it looks, over just plain black rims! I got to have a little silver color on mine, cause there is a lot of it through out the quad.
Sorry for the hyjack.....I had never seen your quad before and really liked the idea and got me out on a tangent :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I'm not one for cutting fenders but like what you've done.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
StuntPunkJames said:
Machy said:
do cut fenders serve a purpose?
Wind resistance and better to judge ur front wheels in tight spots that i know of........I like it man looks good, if I didnt ride in muddy areas Id do mine
Yeah, if it wasnt for where I ride, I would do it too!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I use to say the same thing. Sometimes we ride in mud. Some of my buddys that I ride with have banshees and honda 450s and they have no fenders. Now at the end of the day no matter where we rode I was no cleaner than they where with fenders on my bike.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
700rider said:
I use to say the same thing. Sometimes we ride in mud. Some of my buddys that I ride with have banshees and honda 450s and they have no fenders. Now at the end of the day no matter where we rode I was no cleaner than they where with fenders on my bike.
so true... the 700's front fenders don't do jack lol! :lol:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
.....they keep me clean longer. Atleats your chest and face isnt all gummed up. Your legs still get all nasty, but unless your in someones roost, I dont see how your getting so dirty.
Course, I am never out to deliberatly mud up the quad either.

·
Registered
178 Posts
135boom said:
.....they keep me clean longer. Atleats your chest and face isnt all gummed up. Your legs still get all nasty, but unless your in someones roost, I dont see how your getting so dirty.
Course, I am never out to deliberatly mud up the quad either.
I do hear plenty of rocks, etc. pinging the underside of the fenders, fronts, too, and if it weren't for the position of the fenders, enough debris would be in my face, bouncing off the underside of my helmet visor, etc., that I'd have second thoughts about cutting them.

I do like the lean look of the cuts I've seen, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.