Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I cut my plastics the other day and the biggest issue was getting the seat to sit lower in the frame, so there wasn't a big gap so after about a hour of cutting and playing around I GOT IT and wrapped the bottom of the seat in black truck tarp material, just to help clean it up I think it paid off Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice job with your cutting! Quad looks good! Looking at the rear pic what did you do with the rear plastics? Are they totally removed? No rear light at all?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea no rear plastic at all and I cut about a 1 inch channel along the edge of the seat so it would sit lower then wrapped the bottom of the seat , the seat will fit loosely on the frame so the tab that clips to the frame needs a little adjusting , I heated mine up and bent it flat to where the rear plastic bolted in and drilled about a 1/2 inch hole put a spacer washer in that hole and bolted it from the bottom goin up towards the seat I'll post pics later if you want to do it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt take any pics while I was doing this but I traced out what was cut on another seat so you can see, I used the ecu bracket that was used from the factory and just bent and bolted it to to battery tied down all the other wiring is hidden under that rubber cover over the battery , sorry about the write up when Im working on something Im in my own world and forget about taking pics .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I really like the ECU placement. I need to mount somewhere and I think that will be it :thumbsup: I Think a Carbon Throttle Cover would really set that off ;) LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just looking at them they look really good but I'm changing over to a twist throttle but I'll ask my buddy hes got a couple raptors too , as for the ecu I split all of my harnesses and re-wrapped them cuz from the factory theres a hard plastic sleeve inside them to protect the wires problem is it makes the harness to stiff to bend and place where you want it without stressing the wires to much. Good luck with it

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Thanks, Its all good just got to plug them as much as i can 8)

Would i still be able to leave all the relays and fuse box in the back? I just need to move the ECU.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just checked one of our other bikes that is torn down and it looks like your gonna come up short by about a inch remember you want to have some slack if its to tight you might risk the wires pulling out of the plug or breaking over time

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you come up short you can always do some adjusting or cut the original wrapping and redo it

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
good job on the cut .nice and smooth:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the info 700 duner!!!!! There is a by- law around here you must have a rear brake light so I am going to have to figure out another way to get the final plastic off of the rear. I want to be able to see the whole sub frame! With out compromising the light! Thanks!! Cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No problem , if it was me and i didnt want to drill exra holes I'd make a U shaped bracket utilizing the the factory grab bar holes, if you dont mind drilling get flat 1/4 inch by 1 inch aluminum it comes in 3 ft sections at home depot or lowes and make 2 tabs on the inside lip at the back of the sub-frame and just mount to that , either way it'll only cost you about 5 bucks just my 2 cents ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks good idea!!! I will have to check it out. If I do it I will send you a pic. Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts