Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought this 2003 Raptor 660R so I dont know to much about it. At 1/4 throttle it sputters, but from 1/4 to full throttle it runs fine. The only mods I can tell that were done to it are a K&N air filter and air holes were put in the air box lid.

Thanks in advance for any answers or questions.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So I just bought this 2003 Raptor 660R so I dont know to much about it. At 1/4 throttle it sputters, but from 1/4 to full throttle it runs fine. The only mods I can tell that were done to it are a K&N air filter and air holes were put in the air box lid.

Thanks in advance for any answers or questions.
If the air box lid has been modifed, you will need #25 pilots, aftermarket needles and as high as 160 to 165 mikuni mains...........

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Thats 25 and 146. The 146 is a DJ main jet and is equivalent to about a Mikuni 155, which should be close to what you need.

The 25s are the pilot (idle) jets. The 85 is the choke jet.

What you SHOULD have is slightly different mains left to right - left a 146, right a 148 (when using DJ mains).

For your issue, simply try turning the fuel screws out 1/4 to 1/2 turn each - this will richen the mixture from idle to 1/4 throttle a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts