Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just wante to see your pictures of your cutted fenders cause i'm thinking about cutting mines. And also what tools did you used. Thx!

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
I just used a razor blade on mine. All I did was use one of the razors where it clicks up and you keep breaking it to get an new section. Just mask off where you want to cut, and start going at it with the blade. It took about three passes on the plastic to cut all the way through, but its a nice clean cut. Make sure after every cut or two to break the razor to a new section (or change the blade) to make sure its as sharp as it can be. Once you are done cutting, you just use a fine sandpaper to take off the rough edge, then you can take a torch to round the edges and return the original shine and get a professional look. How far down are you wanting to take them?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

Cutting wheel on a drimle.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just used a razor blade on mine. All I did was use one of the razors where it clicks up and you keep breaking it to get an new section. Just mask off where you want to cut, and start going at it with the blade. It took about three passes on the plastic to cut all the way through, but its a nice clean cut. Make sure after every cut or two to break the razor to a new section (or change the blade) to make sure its as sharp as it can be. Once you are done cutting, you just use a fine sandpaper to take off the rough edge, then you can take a torch to round the edges and return the original shine and get a professional look. How far down are you wanting to take them?
I would like a nice " MX " cut, far up front with a lil'bit left on the rear. Maybe put some scoops on it as well
Thanks for sharing the way you did!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Check out how devildog0431 cut his. It sounds like what you are looking for. He is the one with the current "Raptor of the Month".

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh! Thanks man that is exactly who I was searching for.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Thanks for asking that question, I was wondering the samething....i know what i'll be doing this weekend

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I like the 700R fronts cut right next to the frame, and the rears removed. Spider, yours look alittle bit like 660 fenders:lol:

·
Registered
386 Posts
there was a thread here about a yr ago that gave ideas to cut frnders and how to do it, the just of it was .
A grinder will welt the plastic a little and is harder to get a clean edge.
dremel is kind of the same thing and with a small wheel is hard to keep a strait line.
but what i did and was super easy is a normal box cutter,it takes about 3-4 passes ,just remember the first pass or 2 DONT GO TO DEEP just score it and get a strait line then passes 3-4 will stay in that grove and can press harder.
when i did this it was a clean edge with only 2-3 passes with sand paper after( just the edge so u dont dull the top)
Tip- use a dry erase marker to map it out to see where you want to cut

1 - 13 of 13 Posts