Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok another day another question or problem... On the better side I found out what I thought was an 03 is an 05... :) Any ways is cutting out above half throttle guy I bought it from said it had the rev mod done and it appears to be done (no reverselight and grouned to motor..I Noticed the NEUTRAL swich isnt hooked up under the sprocket but the neutral light still works Why s That? Allelse seems fine supposedly the guy I bought it from just had the carbs rebuilt but Im gonna tear them aprt tomorrow..Any other suggestions I havent read about yet Thanks.. Oh also I've put a K&N in it and looking to do exaust would it be ok to go ahead and jet it for exhaust until I get the exaust and on it?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
If you put a k&n on it you might need to rejet anyway. Check your spark plug and see if your running lean. You might need larger main jets and maybe move the needle one clip down so the needle is up a little more. You could try and jet for the exhaust but its hard to get it dialed in without having the exhaust on and being able to ride it. If you put on a k&n i would get rid of the air box lid and rejet. It will run way better. Hopefully your cutting out problem is the jetting and not the wiring. Good luck=)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok another day another question or problem... On the better side I found out what I thought was an 03 is an 05... :) Any ways is cutting out above half throttle guy I bought it from said it had the rev mod done and it appears to be done (no reverselight and grouned to motor..I Noticed the NEUTRAL swich isnt hooked up under the sprocket but the neutral light still works Why s That? Allelse seems fine supposedly the guy I bought it from just had the carbs rebuilt but Im gonna tear them aprt tomorrow..Any other suggestions I havent read about yet Thanks.. Oh also I've put a K&N in it and looking to do exaust would it be ok to go ahead and jet it for exhaust until I get the exaust and on it?
When you dismantle the carbs, let us know your jetting, the jetting may be causing your problem also.

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
THe switch you see disconnected is likely the reverse switch, it's right next to the neutral switch.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
THe switch you see disconnected is likely the reverse switch, it's right next to the neutral switch.
+1...... The difference between the neutral and reverse switch can be seen on the terminal. Reverse is a pin and the neutral has a screw to hold the wire on.

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Again, if its a pin, it's the reverse switch - intended for the push on connector of the reverse (green/white) wire. The neutral switch uses a screw through a circular lug on the wire (which is light blue, btw).

You state that reverse wire has been grounded, so its absence at the switch can be expected with no issues... yet neutral light (and starting in neutral) DOES work... therefore, the neutral switch and light blue neutral wire ARE intact.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was looking at Vitos jet kit $50 and need a new K&N filter kit $120 and looking for some exaust found a full yoshimura used for $300.. Or could go with a new HMF slip on K&N filter kit and Hmf jet kit for $330.. Is the Full exaust that much better?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts