Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was dyno tuned a year ago let it sit for like three months, when I ride it its fine, but when I pin it then it cuts out then goes then cuts out. Any ideas wht it is??

·
Registered
259 Posts
having the same problem with mine thought it was the plug but changed it and its still doing it. mine only does it in 5th gear when i have it wide open then let off the gas, whole lot of back firing then when I give gas again it about dies but will pick back up. let me know if thats what your getting and if you figure it out. I really dont know where to go from here :mad:

·
Registered
960 Posts
if it is back firing when you let off it is to lean

both of you i would check your carbs for any little dirt partial and give them a good cleaning

·
Registered
827 Posts
ironraptor04 said:
if it is back firing when you let off it is to lean

both of you i would check your carbs for any little dirt partial and give them a good cleaning
clean the carbs with a can of carb cleaner and an air compressor or a few cans of compressed air (for computers) if a compressor it not available. that should get you right.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Just a thought as I was reading this!! I have the same problem, I need to clean everything but... for those who need the extra flow or reserve. Is there someone that has ever made a spacer to drop the bowls down and give more fuel capacity? Could be a really dumb question, but hey like I said just a thought

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The grizzly float needle and seat fit the raptor, they flow a bit more.
Also look at pingel, the make a dual line petcock. The carbs need to be modded for the added line.
I've read posts about guys that have disassembled the stock petcock and opened up the holes to flow more fuel. Also look at the cross connect tube between the carbs, it's fairly small.

http://www.pingelonline.com/index.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts