Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a Yoshi exhaust on my 660. I rejetted the carb with #25 pilots and 160/165 mains. Now when I run on a straight shot down the street, the engine looses power and cuts out about mid throttle. It catches up at full throttle until I shift gears and go through the whole cycle again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i started out 4th clip from the bottom, then went down 2nd from bottom, now its at the 3rd clip from the bottom

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I recently put a Yoshi exhaust on my 660. I rejetted the carb with #25 pilots and 160/165 mains. Now when I run on a straight shot down the street, the engine looses power and cuts out about mid throttle. It catches up at full throttle until I shift gears and go through the whole cycle again.
Why such big mains for an exhaust system change..........150 155 should be good.........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I put this exhaust on, my pipes were glowing orange. I posted a thread about this issue and 160/165 mains is what you suggested, not only to me but to several other people. I have after market needles installed.

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
We don't recommend mains that large unless the airbox is modfied... is yours? How was it running before (and with what jets)?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
When I put this exhaust on, my pipes were glowing orange. I posted a thread about this issue and 160/165 mains is what you suggested, not only to me but to several other people. I have after market needles installed.
We don't recommend mains that large unless the airbox is modified... is yours? How was it running before (and with what jets)?
With mains that large, you must have included and air box mod, or elimination, as Quadmaniac suggested...............

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you haven't done any airbox mods I bet you are running too rich (Elevation from sea level?) and that cutting out at mid-throttle is due to the excess fuel..

After you change the main jets down a bit (remember you can go in 2.5 increments) try different needle clip positions and see which one best suits you!

Good luck!
Vando :)

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
I went back to your original (glowing header) post and this is what Willy told you:

"Make sure you are using #25 pilots, and up the mains about 5 numbers and maybe raise the needles, are you using aftermarket needles. "

This would suggest using 145L/150R as stock is 140L/145R.

Again, we only suggest mains in the area you installed if your airbox is modified.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
\i would never have told you that large of mains for a simple aftermarket exhaust change, as Quad says, 5 numbers bigger is all I would have recommended, I have been jetting these bikes for some 10 years and have vast amount of experience on running them with various different phases of mods..............
The biggest thing that changes the jetting is airbox mods.................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts