weight savings of 5.75 lbs over stock

$205 SHIPPED :thumb:

LTR 450 SUZUKI

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks real good :thumbsup:
But how do you plug cables to this battery ? The terminals looks strange.

·
Registered
555 Posts
what's the amp/hr capacity of these? would they work in a trail based machine powering the Trail Tech hids + oem lights without draining dead?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
DL700,
I have friends who have extensive experience with these types of batteries (though not your brand/size in particular) & they have advised me to ask the following questions prior ro committing to using one on my quad.

1/ Discharge rate
Is there any circuitry added to the quad, or built-in to the battery to control discharge & charging rates?

2/ Is there anything to prevent total discharge of the battery?

With lithium based battery systems this is important, because if the discharge or charging rates are exceeded, these batteries can erupt in a large ball of flame!

also, if the cell voltage gets too low, the battery is ruined & cannot be recharged.
(this voltage is typically 3.6V)

Lithium batteries have a "C" rating.
This is the charge/discharge rating, a multiplication factor used to determine the maximum current the battery can deliver or be charged at.
so if the battery has a C rating of 10 & 4600mA
Then it can deliver a maximum current of 46amps.
if the C rating is 20, 92 amps.

Are you able to advise me a little on this?

Thanks

Dragonz

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
these batteries can be used on a total loss style system and is not an issue.... charging rate is very compatible with the oem stator and has been field tested, though a high amperage jump start is not recommended( for any atv battery)

So basically if you use this battery for its intended purpose it will function with great results and support the atv much better then the factory unit.... CCA is 240 which will crank the motor over very quickly even when half discharged.

we can not control the fact that some people are Stupid, and like HONDA says ...Stupid hurts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts