Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many of you turbo guys are running the kit from d7? I know that JVR used to sell them, now TRF is selling them.
Are you guys happy with the kit? Any suggested upgrades such as BOV or air/fuel guage?
Im looking to run 12-13 pounds on 110 race fuel. Just looking for a strong running duner. Anyone know what brand of turbo that they use?
Any comments prior to purchasing would be great. Im leaning towards this kit over the ER because TRF is only 2 hours away from me.
Will I need a lock out clutch?

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I just got done installing the dual injector d7 kit on my Raptor last weekend, loving it so far. Never felt anything pull as hard as this quad does, and I haven't taken it past 8psi yet.

I didn't go through TRF, ordered mine directly from D7, so I'm not exactly sure if there are any differences between the two kits. But I opted for the upgraded boost gauge, which is a really nice liquid filled Autometer. Other than that, I added a boost controller so I can change the power at the twist of a knob, and had them weld in an 02 sensor bung in the exhaust so I can add an AFR gauge (waiting on the matching autometer to get back in stock).

With the power you are going to put down at 10+ psi, you are definitely going to need a lockout. I went with the Direct Drive, a little more expensive than the others...but awesome looking, easy install, great quality, and the quick change cover is nice.

You wont be disappointed in this kit though, installation isn't too bad, and the power is insane. I went from a 3 mod with a 20 shot of nitrous to this turbo kit, and my Raptor scares me a little now...never rode anything like this before.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
This is an awesome kit! Love the way the power feels. Ive had a few different builds before this and this is most definitly my favorite. Love the power compared to my 787. I did the dual injectors just like Lang. You wont be dissapointed a bit with this kit. It just keeps pulling and pulling and pulling :wow:

Ive heard of people lasting a good riding season or more on the stock clutch but every bike and every person is different. I got a lockout clutch just so i could be done with it. I got the boost gauge, boost controller and will be doing a a/f gauge very soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. The base kit is $3,199 right now from TRF. How much was the upgrade to the dual injector? Where does the second injector go? charge tube prior to throttle body? With the second injector is the stock fuel pump and stock fuel system still used?
I was also going to go with the liquid filled boost gauge and air/fuel gauge also.
Does the stock BOV work good or did you upgrade that a well?

Thanks for all the info

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The base kit is $3,199 right now from TRF. How much was the upgrade to the dual injector? Where does the second injector go? charge tube prior to throttle body? With the second injector is the stock fuel pump and stock fuel system still used?
I was also going to go with the liquid filled boost gauge and air/fuel gauge also.

Thanks for all the info
You will have to talk to TRF or Bob @ D7 (goes by Woofers67 here on the forum) about the pricing difference, depends on their current pricing. The second injector goes into a pipe between the intercooler and throttle body, that injector is controlled by their fuel controller and adds fuel as boost increases. Stock fuel pump is still used, they modify the factory fuel rail and add an adapter for a hose that connects to the second injector. The stock BOV seems to work fine, I'm sure you can upgrade that if you want too...but it will be for aesthetic reasons other than function.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Just curious how many of you turbo guys are running the kit from d7? I know that JVR used to sell them, now TRF is selling them.
Are you guys happy with the kit? Any suggested upgrades such as BOV or air/fuel guage?
Im looking to run 12-13 pounds on 110 race fuel. Just looking for a strong running duner. Anyone know what brand of turbo that they use?
Any comments prior to purchasing would be great. Im leaning towards this kit over the ER because TRF is only 2 hours away from me.
Will I need a lock out clutch?

Thanks for all the info

Why dont you give Mike at D7 a call. He can give you a full rundown on all the different options and ways you can go and also give you pricing on everything. Hes a good guy and easy to talk to. Here is his number.
775-771-6900

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm also running a jvr/ d7 Turbo kit with dual injector setup. Im running around 14 - 15 psi of boost with race gas. I also run a D.D lockout with dl700 clutch upgrade. I just love this thing its pulls my fat ass up anything with ease. Power comes on smooth and just pulls and pulls. Not sure the differance in the trf kit vs jvr kit but if d7 behind it, I would recommend it.

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
I'm also running a jvr/ d7 Turbo kit with dual injector setup. Im running around 14 - 15 psi of boost with race gas. I also run a D.D lockout with dl700 clutch upgrade. I just love this thing its pulls my fat ass up anything with ease. Power comes on smooth and just pulls and pulls. Not sure the differance in the trf kit vs jvr kit but if d7 behind it, I would recommend it.
Hey Jason thanks for the thumbs up, Could you send me some pictures of your bike so we can get them on our website. We are constructing it right now.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Jason thanks for the thumbs up, Could you send me some pictures of your bike so we can get them on our website. We are constructing it right now.

Thanks,

Mike
Not a problem Mike, Ill try to get those to you a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spoke to Mike and Bob last night. Thank you guys for answering your phone at 8pm. Looks like Im lined up to go with the dual injector kit. Im really looking forward to it. Thanks for all of the good advice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dropped my raptor off on Saturday with d7. Great guys.

For those of you running these kits, how much boost can I run on 110?

I'll be riding at 4k elevation at sand mountain, nv and saint Anthony, id.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.