Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the weather warming up we were able to do some testing with our new oil and oil less turbo systems.

So far everything is working great . Shredders project Blue Balls with it's triple ceramic bearing oil less turbo worked great. It was different not having any oil lines going or coming out of a conventional looking turbo. Were now working with our turbo builder to dial in the sizing to make it perform to our standards.
What we really like about this set up is we can use a larger frame turbo and drive shaft with wheels and housings ment for for smaller turbos. That with the triple ceramic bearings we should be able to do away with problems related with small frame turbos.

Pics. of Shredders Raptor

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jr's white Raptor with it's stand alone oil system performed great. The oil never got over 150 degs. This aided with the Raptors cooling system with the Raptors water temp. never getting over 180 degs. even with several hard passes in a row.
This was a really good weekend for Bob's quad. With a few new mods and tweaks. Its was the first time we were able to turn up the power to near the potential of the turbo system. He was clocked with mulitable guns making passes from 79 to 86 mph going up the drag hill at Sand Mountain. Not bad for 4500ft alt. His personal goal right now is to hit 90mph on the hill. We feel it has it in her just having trouble with the clutch slipping and the small frame turbo holding the high boost.

Some pics. of Jr's Raptor

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keven's Raptor with it's new Monster big bore duals on a stock motor. Now as he gets older he can build into the pipes. The fit and finish on these new big bores are second to none. Paul at Monster does great work.....:cool: Thanks for the hook up Paul....:thumbsup:

Couple pics. of French Fries ride.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Very nice, Bob ! It`s great to see you guys keep pushing for innovation with your set-ups.....All the bikes look great, too !

~ Sandaddy :cool:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Don, It was nice to get out and relax. Now We need to make some time and get mine up and running again for the Rally........:)

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Thanks Don, It was nice to get out and relax. Now We need to make some time and get mine up and running again for the Rally........:)

Tick Tock....Tick Tock....Tick Tock....Time is runnin` out, you best hurry !

I should talk....I`ve got boxes of parts and stuff all over the garage....hope my powder coat stuff shows up soon.

You`ll have a great time at the Rally this year....there will be lot`s of relaxin`going on ! Hopefully we can spend some time just BS`n, too.

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Registered
168 Posts
:Dall the bikes looking great bob....good work

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice work Bob, 79-86MPH is flying up that hill! Those bike look awesome! I still haven't sold the R1 Raptor, looks like I might trade it for a 4 mil Banshee or something. If I don't sell it I'll get my bike back to you guys for some more power later this year.

I'll be at Sand MTN for Memorial Day Weekend. If I sell the R1 Raptor by then, I'll let you know.

Grey

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Great looking builds for sure, and I love hearing how well they run...still haven't had mine out on the sand :(.

Any word on when the website will be up and running?

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
I retract my previous statement about the oil pump being in the way when shifting. I would still be afraid of hitting or accidentally kicking it and breaking or cracking a fitting. Bikes are looking good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just NASTY Bob, wish I had some more money ;). only 2 more years of college lol.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
All these bike have very clean installs. They are greast guys to talk to and there bikes run well. Thanks for the offer for the turbo kit at our Rally. we will keep it in mind for our future build for next years Rally.

Mike, Thanks for The Tshirt and beanie! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
all these bike have very clean installs. They are greast guys to talk to and there bikes run well. Thanks for the offer for the turbo kit at our rally. We will keep it in mind for our future build for next years rally.

Mike, thanks for the tshirt and beanie! :thumbsup:

Hey....All I got was a beanie....But, it looks good on me.....lol !......Besides, beanies don`t go with mohawks.....J/K....lol

Glasses Vehicle Headgear Tree Car

~ Sandaddy 8)

`

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Beanie! I didnt get a beanie wtf :lol:

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Don`t blame ya`....lol....I didn`t get a shirt !....:D.

~ Sandaddy 8)
I traded a KingofBling Racing Beanie for a D7 Beanie and the same for Tshirt's, so it was a fair Trade. Great group of guys.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts