Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting irritated with my fan lol. i hooked my first one up to a toggle swithch and my fan quit working agagin so i relpace the fan and the temp sensor and it still wont work so i just ordered a relay. anybody have any other ideas y it wouldnt be workin

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
bad toggle switch? broke wire?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Is the fan itself free spinning? If it has any kind of grind to it at all or anything is pushed up against it, it will not work. I just fixed mine - I had both of those issues.

Take it out and try to spin the fan blade, you should find that I turns smooth and effortlessly. If it is clunky or you feel that it has some areas where it hangs up that means that the brushes are warn or something is inside that shouldn’t be there.

Run jumpers (mini jumpers, or speaker wire will work too) from the plug for the fan to the pos and neg of a battery. Make sure that the fan is sucking air from the radiator side vs pushing. Switch the wires to change the direction. If it starts spinning than that is a good thing, if it doesn’t (unhook it) then lightly tap the base of the fan motor and around the sides with the handle of a screw driver. Hook it up to the battery again – if it shows signs of life – keep tapping it until it gets up to full speed. LET IT RUN! The brushes in the fan motor will start to reseat themselves and clear out the crud. I hooked mine up to a car battery and let it run for 20 minutes checking it periodically for heat. If it gets hot unhook it and let it set for a minute, then start the process again.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I wish I would have read through that again before I posted it, lol, its a jumbled up mess but i think you get the point right? haha!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts