Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at the track today 5 minutes, i hit the big long double, i'm takin off and i the air and my i look down and my wheel is below me rollin :eek: Landing was suppringsly okay but rough enough, my rim was destroyed on the pattern, loaded her up and went to yamaha. walked in a bitched them out cuz they just had put my new holeshots on and didn't tighten them to my satisfaction cuz the other side was so easy to get to come loose too. So they threw me a good deal of $200 for four new ITP T-9 Baja's mounted to my tires, not bad :lol: So I took it and am happy w/ them.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
All I can say is DAMMMMM. Glad you didn't get hurt. At least the shop owned up to it and gave you a deal you are happy with.

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was actually the same double as my sig pic, ha....i magine landing that w/ one rear wheel on and hub on the other side.

·
Registered
227 Posts
And you didn't bend your axle :3question:

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah....amazing huh....I rode w/ the new rims on, no wobble on nothin, just glad it wasn't anything worse.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I'm glad you weren't hurt, that the wreck wasn't too serious and that things worked out well with regards to replacing the wheels.

But honestly I don't understand why you wouldn't have already checked and re-torqued the lugnuts before going anywhere near a jump. I agree that it's the shop's fault that they weren't tight but IMO it never should have gone as far as you losing a wheel. New wheels have a little give in them and need to be re-tightened after their first install, just like on any automotive or trailer wheel.

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never had this problem in the last 9 months...I check them every now and then, they were fine a couple days ago when I washed it and checked over everything. Can't believe I didn't notice any wobble, but hey, I fly around that truck and it's pretty bumpy.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Ok DD, I was under the mistaken impression that you had gotten new wheels and tires, not just the tires. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts