Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello yes I bought this used 08 Yamaha Raptor 700 after a few rides i noticed that after my last ride that my boot was coverd in what i belived to be oil at first but then noticed that the liquid was coming from the resvoire tube but when I smelled it like burnt oil there is no speration of liquid either an also it seems to boilng in the reserve tank what could this possible be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
An also juss to throw in I dont think I'm losing oil be cause yesterday I check the oil and it was sitting like 3/4 above full the dealership I bought it from did the oil change they must of put to much oil because they are the one that last did the oil change

·
Registered
361 Posts
Change oil and coolant and see what happens. Also if the coolant has lots of turbulance in the tank it could possibly be a leaking head gasket. But not sure what you mean by boiling

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I ment about the coolant tank which coolant should I use an what oil to use and should I flush the radiator as well

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
More than likely u have a blown head gasket. Normally if u do when u rev it up under load it should spray out the top of the resivor. Or u can take it apart and check the gasket itself and see if any cracking around the cylinder and water ports.

But first before u get to that i would change the oil, and flush the coolant and say after a good short ride check the level in the rad.

let me know if u need anymore help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds to me like head gasket problem. But i would change oil and coolant first as it would be pointless and alot of effort replacing head gasket if it wasnt even the problem!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
and if your getting oil into your coolant=head gasket from my experience

1 - 8 of 8 Posts