Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so we took a trip down to Florence Oregon for the day and heres a few pics for anybody who wants to see. And yeah that was me in the last one LOL I was on my wifes 400ex and forgot how light the front end was haha!:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few more!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look like your taking a nap, awesome pics carp:thumbsup:
:lol: Yeah I gotta admit it was pretty comfy right there after my ass dug a trench LOL Almost like a sleep number bed haha!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great pics--how firm was the sand?? We normally head down in August for 10 days and the sand by that time is loose...looks like it may have rained day before?? I want to head down this weekend for Father's Day--Thanks--

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah it rained the day before and it was pretty heavy for sure! But great traction!!! August should be really loose. The trick is to go right after a big wind storm so it's not all choppy from other riders. Also there is a great place just north called joshua dunes that nobody really knows about. And it's always virgin sand ;)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice pics, looks like a great day to ride, probably hardly anyone there on a monday.
LOL Actually that was a sunday.. Sorry about the confusion there I shoulda specified. But that was the day after the NW Raptor rally which was in winchester bay. We took off early sunday to hit up florence for the day. It was nice though!:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
We usually rent a house in the Heceta Beach area and it backed up to the Joshua Dunes...you could ride out of the garage to the dune entrance 1 block away...we went last August 2010 and were disappointed to see that the Siuslaw National Forest pin-heads permanently closed the entire area to ORV's due to some bs plant habitat being destroyed...Joshua was never crowded and like you said "virgin sand"!!

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Nice pics man that 6th one on the first post made me LMAO!
I have been there on my 250 before MANY of time :lol:
Looks like soooo much fun :D

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh shit them damn tree huggers did it again didn't they It isnt even about the damn plant it's all about those old timers that retired down there and they dont want to hear anybody having any fun cause their to damn old and busted up to live a little. It's not like they can walk their little lap dogs out in those dunes. Shit they wouldn't make it 100 yds LOL They get themselves voted into office and then make their own rules.
Hey I'd love to bullshit with ya some more but I gotta head to bed. I have a 6am start time tommorow :( But hey man get back on here and introduce yourself with some pics of your qauds. There's lots of cool people on here from all over the place.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice pics man that 6th one on the first post made me LMAO!
I have been there on my 250 before MANY of time :lol:
Looks like soooo much fun :D
:lol: Yeah good times man good times! Hopefully you can make it down here someday! You wont regret it ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh shit them damn tree huggers did it again didn't they It isnt even about the damn plant it's all about those old timers that retired down there and they dont want to hear anybody having any fun cause their to damn old and busted up to live a little. It's not like they can walk their little lap dogs out in those dunes. Shit they wouldn't make it 100 yds LOL They get themselves voted into office and then make their own rules.
Hey I'd love to bullshit with ya some more but I gotta head to bed. I have a 6am start time tommorow :( But hey man get back on here and introduce yourself with some pics of your qauds. There's lots of cool people on here from all over the place.
I'm from South Whidbey Island...recently purchased Raptor 700R after riding MX for many years...getting too old for the 2-stroke MX scene, just can't seem to hang on like I used too--love the Raptor, smooth power and responsive handling make it all good for the 40+ that I am--kids ride MX and Raptor 80, wife like's the utility so she has the Grizz 550 FI/EPS--do some trail riding at Walker Valley and friends property in Whatcom County, enjoy the sand the most though...trying to get my wife to move to Eugene;)

Attachments

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Nice 2011 right?

Ya carp me and yamahama guy have plans for Glamis...
With all the talk about whoops we might be looking for a new location.

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
man look's like you guys had a blast. very nice looking area to.so in the first post of pics ,the second one with you all in it .witch one's your wife, the one standing up ? see if you would have brought the outfit with ya.:D you got her to pose for the pic and it's on the site to:D so did you ever show her look a like? here if you forgot to jog your memory:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts