Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, as title says, does anyone know the db levels of the dual exhausts without quiet cores, or which one is the loudest?
I know that there is Barkers,Monsters,DMC,LTE, those are the ones i know of.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know what level my Barkers are but they are freaking loud. I think I read somewhere they are close to the 100db range without the quiet core.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Dam thats pretty loud, so barkers are the loudest then?

Barkers sound great and are the way to go if going with duals IMO.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I dont know about sounding great. Its a matter of opinion. So far LTE's sound the best to me. Standard Barkers sound like crap. Im hopin the Big Bores sound better.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Dam thats pretty loud, so barkers are the loudest then?
I wouldn't say there the loudest. What make you want the loudest exhaust anyway? Duals are much quieter then singles. I like the sounds of Barkers. But most of the exhausts all sound the same anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just asking which one is the loudest, but i want to go duals and want to know which does sound best and loudest, i already know all of them has almost the same power so im looking at the sound now.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
104DB without the QC's on the Barkers. 94DB with the cores. Just read it last night somewhere:D
10 db drop thats a hell of a drop if its correct! I know Monsters base line is 100.5 and
the standard quiet core insert is good for a 4 db drop so that 96.5 and that right from Paul himself.(the owner)
Oh and I think Monsters sound the best :D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
10 db drop thats a hell of a drop if its correct! I know Monsters base line is 100.5 and
the standard quiet core insert is good for a 4 db drop so that 96.5 and that right from Pual himself.(the owner)
Oh and I think Monsters sound the best :D
Ha!! Barker Big Bores sound the best!! Cuz I own'em!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
uhhh how would you know you just go the pipes and last i saw you hadn't even got them put on the bike yet lol!! little early to make that statment ???:nono:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Im sure it will sound nice once they are on just had to give you a little crap, its gotta be hard to wait till tomorrow to do that install, i would want em on right now lol

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I don't have dB levels but Barkers hold up to their name, loll they are loud as hell. I run 'em with quietcores and they are still annoying to me. I ran 'em without the core for a full 9 hour ride last year and at the end of the day, I had the same semi-temporary ear damage as you get from a heavy metal concert sitting close to the speaker wall. I have strong doubts about the 94 dB claim... At idle maybe but when you open 'em up even with the quietcore they are loud, very loud.

I totally agree with the LTE's having the best sound, its a lower tone than most others and they sound excellent in my opinion.

Either way, the state of the packing makes a huge difference as well. Make sure you keep the filler maintained. I had an empty trinity single for a while and it was just awful, I bet I could have broken windows just reving that thing.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You can't ask "which exhaust sounds the best"...that is a very open ended question with no real answer other than listening to them for your self in person. As each person will hear them differently.

This is the equivalent of asking blonde brunette or redhead?

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts