Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dead battery and the local Yamaha dealer wants $200 for a replacement. No way I'm going to pay that when I see them on the internet for @$50.. Do you guys know a reputable brand that won't go dead quickly?

Thanks!

This is for a 2008 Raptor 350

·
Registered
21 Posts
I needed a quick fix one time when me and some friends where going to go out. so I went to walmart and picked up a battery. I figured it would last me a short time but it has kept up for quite a long time now.

I have also had good luck with Parts Unlimited,, BikeMaster, and Yuasa.

Pricing depends a lot on the type of battery it is.

$200 for a battery? PSH!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I needed a quick fix one time when me and some friends where going to go out. so I went to walmart and picked up a battery. I figured it would last me a short time but it has kept up for quite a long time now.

I have also had good luck with Parts Unlimited,, BikeMaster, and Yuasa.

Pricing depends a lot on the type of battery it is.

$200 for a battery? PSH!
+1 Walmart batteries do work. Ya might wanna check another dealer cause my dealer charges something like 60-70... which is pretty expensive but its got special warranties and what not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed. I have checked on prices of batteries with local dealers before and its the same here. $60 or so bucks. $200 makes me wonder what type and brand the battery was. I have seen Yuasa AGM's go for $150 tops but I have never seen a $200 or more battery.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
^ lmao yep I agree...! Sometimes if the stealership is a smaller or family owned and they don't get mucho grande orders of batteries they might raise their prices. But thats the only reason I could see a battery being that much unless its packed with uranium from mars :confused: haha...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts