Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know exactly what dealer cost is on the base model 700 ?? I was working on my local dealer again yesterday and we still are coming in at MSRP..My sales tax here is 8%, and by the time they add freight and setup were at MSRP, I don't think thats a good deal......I want to make an offer just over cost on Tuesday and thats why I want to know......Thanks, Mike.. :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
From what I have been told dealer cost is 1000.00 less than MSRP I have also been told Yamaha kicks back half the freight and set up back to the dealer at year end so if your dealer won't budge on price find one who will deal. 5999.00 plus tax and registration would be what I considered a good deal.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I shopped around and got my 700R for 7150 plus the extras which came out to 7409 OTD. There was no tax because I bought it out of state. That was by far the best deal I found.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got my 06 for 7000.00 otd..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought My 07 Raptor se two mouths ago in Kansas and paid $7100.00 for it with a serves Manuel and a HJC helmet this is out the door price this also includes sales tax. I drove about 70 mile to a dealer in Kansas City. There is a dealer in a city closer only about 20 miles away but the dealer closer wanted to charge for freight, assembly, and a dock fee. The cost the dealer that is close told me was $8475.00. (Just be careful that there’s no hidden cost anywhere). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My problem is living in Hillary's state my sales tax is 8%..So when we add tax, reg, and freight we are looking at MSRP or slightly more.....I'm thinking of going in there Monday morning and saying under 7k out the door..At least that way I'm legal with tax and reg.......Or I could just go to PA and save tax and reg, but the quad won't be legal here in NY....At 41 next week I'm to old to be running from the law !!!

One thing I did learn from this is DO NOT finance thru the dealer..To make a long story short over Memorial day weekend I was approved thru the dealer for a 700 w/no money down..Interest rate was like 14%.....Now my credit ain't great, but its not that bad !!! Needless to say I backed out of that deal...My credit union on Friday pre-approved me at 5.25% interest....How much kick back are the dealers getting from the banks ?? Something to think about also when they cry poverty... :lol:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SUB454 said:
If your going to buy it in state, just start calling dealers and ask them to beat the price you have now. By the end of the day you should be able to save yourself some $$$. Tell them to stick that freight chrg up their asssss. Good luck.
Thanks... 8)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Big Mike said:
My problem is living in Hillary's state my sales tax is 8%..So when we add tax, reg, and freight we are looking at MSRP or slightly more.....I'm thinking of going in there Monday morning and saying under 7k out the door..At least that way I'm legal with tax and reg.......Or I could just go to PA and save tax and reg, but the quad won't be legal here in NY....At 41 next week I'm to old to be running from the law !!!

One thing I did learn from this is DO NOT finance thru the dealer..To make a long story short over Memorial day weekend I was approved thru the dealer for a 700 w/no money down..Interest rate was like 14%.....Now my credit ain't great, but its not that bad !!! Needless to say I backed out of that deal...My credit union on Friday pre-approved me at 5.25% interest....How much kick back are the dealers getting from the banks ?? Something to think about also when they cry poverty... :lol:
Financing through the dealer isn't always the wrong thing to do. Often it's the best leverage you have in reducing the total price because Raptors sell well.

The dealer I purchased mine from explained that it gets smiled upon from on high each time it sells factory financing - but he'd compensate me for it. So I financed through Yamaha and transferred the loan before having to make my first payment (which wasn't for six months). In exchange he knocked off $500 from the purchase price and did away with the factory set up charge (a couple hundred) since I took a floor model that day. The one I picked had tiny scratches on the plastic heel guards and a rub on a fender from people climbing on and off it. "You'll get those anyway," he said. To which I replied "True. But they shouldn't already be on a quad I'm considering spending thousands on to purchase new."

The bank I transferred the loan to, like most banks, offered a zero percent interest on account transfers (for the first six months) AND I wouldn't have to make my first payment for six months. I dropped a bunch of cash into the account and paid it waaay down to save on interest.

... don't let dealers try to "compensate" you with a service manual that you can download off the Internet. Instead have him/her assign a price to the manual and subtract it from the total - unless you need some riding gear; the price of the manual can be applied to that too.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm soooooooo close to saying screw it and just going to PA and buy, and forget about the reg B.S.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I live in Kansas City and have friends that own dealerships. I just bought an 2007 SE Raptor 700 for $6000.00. I dont pay sales tax because i bought it in Mo and live in KS

I can get you 2006 Raptor 700's for $5400.00. They do not collect sales tax unless you live in MO. Just pm me if you want the dealers web address.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
superchargemyride said:
I live in Kansas City and have friends that own dealerships. I just bought an 2007 SE Raptor 700 for $6000.00. I dont pay sales tax because i bought it in Mo and live in KS

I can get you 2006 Raptor 700's for $5400.00. They do not collect sales tax unless you live in MO. Just pm me if you want the dealers web address.
There is one on e-bay from a dealer in Columbia, MO now for about that price, only problem is I'm in NY.....By the time we add shipping it starts to get pricey !!! Thank you for the offer, sounds like an awesome deal on your '07.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
They wont ship but those are the guys. Procycles

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Big Mike said:
I'm soooooooo close to saying screw it and just going to PA and buy, and forget about the reg B.S.
I almost did something like that until a friend suggested against it. I live in Washington and was going to go to Oregon to purchase the quad. Then I found out I'd basically have to pay the tax anyway once I registered it.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Headrope said:
Big Mike said:
I almost did something like that until a friend suggested against it. I live in Washington and was going to go to Oregon to purchase the quad. Then I found out I'd basically have to pay the tax anyway once I registered it.
Your correct, as would I......If I buy out of state I just won't reg it....... :wootwoot:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Big Mike said:
Headrope said:
Big Mike said:
Your correct, as would I......If I buy out of state I just won't reg it....... :wootwoot:
My insurance people told me the quad would have to be registered for it to be covered on my automobile policy. I have it covered there in case something were to happen to it while be trailered, etc.

It would cost a lot of money should something catastrophic happen to cause the quad to fall off the trailer while on the highway or interstate. Not to mention the potential for a lawsuit.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm actually an insurance agent and the best way to protect your ride is to get a seperate policy on it. It will protect it against theft and liability (if you run over a small child and the lawyers come after you). Normally it only cost around $100 a year.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
birdog said:
I'm actually an insurance agent and the best way to protect your ride is to get a seperate policy on it. It will protect it against theft and liability (if you run over a small child and the lawyers come after you). Normally it only cost around $100 a year.
Just did that tonight, pick up the new ride tomorrow.. 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
On Monday Novemebr 27, 2006 I paid $6658.07 for an 07 Raptor OTD from Champion Yamaha in Mesa, AZ. That price includes 7.8% sales tax. That was the OTD price.

I dealt with Holmes one of the sales managers. Good service.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.