Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m 3 weeks into owning this Raptor 700 SE. My first ever ATV. Not doing anything crazy on it yet. Just trail riding. As I’m riding it tonight I hear a clunking. I then ask my friend to ride it and see what he thinks. As he’s pulling off he pops a little one foot wheelie and that’s when we see the front shock come unhooked and then slam down bending the shock. I literally bought this out of the crate and a dealer mechanic had to put it together. I know I read a paper when I bought it three weeks ago saying a mechanic had gone through everything. Well obviously something wasn’t tighten down and thank god I wasn’t flying as it could have been a bad wreck. I know I have a warranty still on it but I’m curious as to if I should try and go for anything else cause obviously a dealer mechanic didn’t do his job.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would just have them fix what’s broken with oem parts. I can’t see them not being willing to cover this. Just be stern about what you want and they usually will bend for you.

·
Super Moderator
8,858 Posts
Agreed, 3 weeks into it and this happens? I would also complain a little louder, this could have gone very very bad if you had been at speed doing any jump of any sort. Complain loud enough to get hooked up with some gear or something, never know. A good dealer would do anything they could to keep a customer happy.

Reactions: 38Fitters

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I told the service manager what had happened and he said that he believed they come from the factory already put together. Little did he know I had pictures from my salesman of the raptor still in the crate which clearly shows it doesn’t have any front shocks on it.

·
Super Moderator
8,858 Posts
Yup, this is where it gets fun since you have pictures as proof. Keep us posted on how they make things right, who knows what else they "missed". Definitely go over your bike thoroughly now, check all bolts and nuts. Need a service manual to look at torque specs? PM me an email, I can shoot over a pdf for you.

Reactions: 4stroker4life
1 - 5 of 5 Posts