Raptor Forum banner
121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Bought new 09 raptor from state 8 cuyahoga falls. Sales person i dealt with A+ very happy with him....Sales manager F big dick head, wont buy again because of him. Service dont know....do mine own. Having bikes on floor....nope had to order it...said 2 days....took a week.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Brothers Honda, Bremerton Wa

Purchase- I've gotten 2 street bikes, a dirt bike, and a quad from them; my dad has also gotten 3 bikes (2 goldwings), and 2 quads from them. They have good prices when shopping around.

Service/parts-They have decent service, but they are always booked, need like 2 weeks to get work done. Part selection is good they can order it, however be prepeaired to wait a long time, I tried to get a spare set of sprockts before going to the dunes, did not have any in stock! then they said it would be in on wednsday, got there saturday after we left! Then we asked if they had a dyno, anwser was no, however 2 days later they said they had the best turner on the west coast! Which is it? Can you even trust them at this point?:mad:

Sales staff-These guys and gals are nice enough, however they are alsmost rude to people in the way they talk to you and or dont believe you. I tried to get a tire for my street bike and they were argiung with me over the right size! Bought the bike there, stock wheel but I was still wrong. The tire was even im ny truck and they still did not belive me. So after 30 min looking in 3 books and the microfish they said "oh your right the books are wrong!!!!!":mad:

Bottom line, buy it there, order parts before hand and in bulk (if not online), and if you need service it will probably be done right.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i got several that i would like to put my input in on

pattons yamaha galax, va extreamly nice family owned i bought a 06 350 raptor from them if anything broke or went out during warrenty period always replaced parts no arguement at all always helpful with any questions or problems

mt airy yamaha mtairy, nc bought a 05 660 raptor from them and a 08 yz 250 the raptor was used and they said they hadnt had a chance to clean it up yet so i was like ok that sounds reasonable i guess and no test rides but i wanted a bigger quad so i went on with the deal well take the quad home and on the way decide to stop at the car wash to spray dust and stuff like that off of it...pulled seat off and i was like hmm wonder what kinda shape the air filter is in so pop off the intake lid to my suprise intake box compleatly full of corn and im like wtf so i finally scoop all that out and then a year later the motor went right after putting in a new clutch....then the deal on the 250 2-stroke bike bought it everything went good with it it was brand new and everyone was nice about it and i put the theft insurance on it well 2 months ago someone jacks my bike and i went to police station right away to file a claim and all that good stuff and i call their finance person whom sold me the insurance and she tells me that there is nothing we can do for now wait one month and see if the bike turns up so im like ok well after a month passes by and she finally sends in police report i get a call from the insurance saying that i have been denied for not informing them about the missing bike and mt airy yamaha has not tried to help me any in this case they got their money and now they are just screwing me im still paying on a bike that i dont even have now thanks to a couple of jack a**** so i will never spend another red cent in thier store....

ride now powersports of concord, nc very good to deal with i worked with rick bailey dude stayed till like 7pm on a sat night just to get me financed yeah i know its his job to make sales and all but most ppl at closing time woulda been like well we are closing now come back monday and we will wrap things up but not at ride now and gave me well over wat the trade in value was on my half way wore out 660 traded it in on the new 09 700se but i did get it home and some bolt had rattled loose on my heel guards and i called them up and finally got it figured out exactly what i needed and he ordered them and sent them directly to my house next day (dealer ship was like 3 hours away form where i live) so great ppl to work with and they will work with ya until they got ya what you want

mark 4 wytheville va....rip off way over priced bought a quad there once honda rancher push button shift messed up after like 2 months and they wouldnt honor the warrenty....second incident not personally but a friend of mine bought a yfz 450 from there next weekend later went to the yamaha dealer in mt airy nc (keep in mind both dealerships owned by same person) and found the exact same quad 1500 dollars cheaper now how messed up is that yeah i know you should go around and compare but some times i guess ya just cant wait lol but would deal with either ever again....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Motorsports Superstore, AL
2009 Raptor 700r SE $6,549 otd

After searching around local yamaha dealers in Georgia I started reaching across the state line and found Motorsports superstore in Hamilton, AL and drove 260 miles there and back. I would do it again.

Sales A+ Salesman and sales manager were awesome. Price for the bike was the best i could find in the south east. I traded in and vulcan 900 custom for the raptor. I call the day before and was told there was a Raptor 700SE in stock and that it was in the crate and just needed to be assembled. After I drove 260 miles and arrived there i was told that they did not have one and they were looking for one so they could send me there to purchase it. After negotiation and deals they said they would sale it to me and I would drive to Dothan, AL to pick it up. They made it right and I will buy my next ride from them.

Parts have not purchaced any parts from them

Service I do all my own work

·
Registered
319 Posts
Shreveport Motorsports
Bert Kouns Ind Loop
Shreveport, La
Grade: C-
Not a good place to shop for ATV stuff. They have almost nothing ATV related in stock, although it can be ordered for a substantially higher amount than what other places around here charge.

Bossier Yamaha
Barksdale Blvd
Bossier City, La
Grade: B-
I am still waiting on parts that I ordered two weeks ago that were scheduled for arrival two days after order. It's because of a silly shipping error, which does happen from time to time. Still, I did receive excellent service from a friendly staff, and they carry a great selection of machines and accessories.

G&C Honda
Jimmie Davis Hwy
Shreveport, La
Grade: A
If I ever buy another Honda, it will def be from here. Every time I go in I get prompt, excellent service. When I order a part, tires, gear, or whatever, its there two days later every time. I haven't had Honda's in years, but I still go there first when I need a after-market parts, or non-Yamaha specific gear. I have even found some great deals on Yamaha parts. I would recommend this place to anyone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bob Lamphere Honda, Tigard, OR

Sales - A, bought an '09 Raptor 700R SE $6999 otd. Salesman was knowledgable and gave me the price I was looking for. Called him a couple of hours prior for a price match and he said no problem. Walked in at 3:30pm and took the quad home around 6pm. Financing was easy.

Parts - A, bought about $2700 in accessories. Received them all in about 1 week. Got a discount on all the accessories and they were able to get the price for all of the accessories close to what I could buy them on the internet. Probably better because didn't have to pay shipping. Tim in parts was great. He was extremely knowlegable about everything I needed.

Service - N/A, haven't used them yet. I did buy the maintenance package so all of my scheduled maintenace jobs labor is already paid for. Covers oil changes, valve adjustments, etc.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The shop I brought my 700 from did really help me out because I did get into debt years ago but after 5 years got it all paid off and got the last default off my credit file and applied for the finance and got it so they must have helped me out there. Had my 500 mile service done there and said next service due at 2000 miles but I changed the oil and filter at 1200 miles and I was getting a discount on parts I brought like oil and filter. Booked my 2000 mile service but was abit short of money so told them and ordered oil and filtter and done oil and filter change myself when I got the bill no discount and was told my 2nd year warranty wouldn't count if I didn't have it serviced by them so think I have pissed them off? It's about 40 miles from my house aswell but does seem like a lot of people do servicing themselves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Enumclaw Yamaha washington grade = D- took 6 weeks longer than they said for parts, missed the first part of riding season.....

the brothers power sports in bremerton washington grade = B + great service and great price 2007 se
Motoworld of El Cajon. East County San Diego, califorinia

purchase- A, got me a really good deal on the bike, delivered right on time.

parts- B, mostly had good experences but a couple of times took a lot long than they said for the parts.

maintanice- c, mostly kids working on bikes, little things were wrong with work.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Sales - A, bought an '09 Raptor 700R SE $6999 otd. Salesman was knowledgable and gave me the price I was looking for. Called him a couple of hours prior for a price match and he said no problem. Walked in at 3:30pm and took the quad home around 6pm. Financing was easy.

Parts - A, bought about $2700 in accessories. Received them all in about 1 week. Got a discount on all the accessories and they were able to get the price for all of the accessories close to what I could buy them on the internet. Probably better because didn't have to pay shipping. Tim in parts was great. He was extremely knowlegable about everything I needed.

Service - N/A, haven't used them yet. I did buy the maintenance package so all of my scheduled maintenace jobs labor is already paid for. Covers oil changes, valve adjustments, etc.
I bought my rappy from them also and the salesmen.... Well there salesmen lets just leave it at that. The service counter guys need to go to school IMO and shouldnt be giving advice on things they really have no clue what they are talking about. They actually told me that sand geckos were some of the best paddles out there LMAO. The finance dept. can lick my balls! I bought there pit passes for like 350 each. And I learned how to do my own maintenance so I asked them to cash me out. After about a month they called and said they will give me a grand total of 65 fuckin dollars for 3 passes :mad: Oh and did you actually go and look at the prices they are selling the used quads for? WTF they are dillusional! Selling ol' beat up trx 450's for 5k:eek: Another grand and you can just buy a new rappy LMAO

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought my rappy from them also and the salesmen.... Well there salesmen lets just leave it at that. The service counter guys need to go to school IMO and shouldnt be giving advice on things they really have no clue what they are talking about. They actually told me that sand geckos were some of the best paddles out there LMAO. The finance dept. can lick my balls! I bought there pit passes for like 350 each. And I learned how to do my own maintenance so I asked them to cash me out. After about a month they called and said they will give me a grand total of 65 fuckin dollars for 3 passes :mad: Oh and did you actually go and look at the prices they are selling the used quads for? WTF they are dillusional! Selling ol' beat up trx 450's for 5k:eek: Another grand and you can just buy a new rappy LMAO
Bummer about your experience with them! hope mine doesn't go that way. So far they've been great. Tim in parts actually steered me away from the Gecko's. Haven't had a bad recommend from them yet. I can actually do my own maintenance, I think it's just nice not to have to deal with any of the disposal for oil and filters. The valve adjustment will be nice not to have to deal with. I had my quad dyno tuned just last week and they did a great job. It runs like a top! They gave me 2 maps for my PCV, ordered the map switch so I can use them both.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Sounds like your experience so far is much better than mine was! I will never go back there! Unless I'm buying a new bike for cash because they do match prices for the most part. But my buddy bought a new ktm 450 and they couldnt match hillsborough motosports price. I have learned that all the maintenance that needs to be done I can easily do myself with basic tools. So when they ask if I want their extended (So called) Warranty or pit passes I'll tell them to go piss up a rope haha!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It told the saleman first thing the terms I'd buy under and they still had me going rounds with the sales manager. When I was sick of the crap and said take it or leave it, they did the deal. They didn't have a stock '07 GYTR in stock (only one with paddles for an insane premium) so I had to come back the next day to pick up my quad. Salesman never called the next day but I called him and it was there

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
It told the saleman first thing the terms I'd buy under and they still had me going rounds with the sales manager. When I was sick of the crap and said take it or leave it, they did the deal. They didn't have a stock '07 GYTR in stock (only one with paddles for an insane premium) so I had to come back the next day to pick up my quad. Salesman never called the next day but I called him and it was there
Which dealership? Sounds like typical salesfuckers to me!

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
My local dealership Wholfeil's, sucked. They just stopped selling Yamaha because nobody bought from them. I was interested in a YFZ and sat on it and looked over it and the stupid salesman sat at his desk about 15 feet away watching a football game. In 2009, they had a left over 2007 Raptor 250 and it was up for $6,000? Why would I buy that over a Raptor 700 with a $1000 price difference?? I give them an D-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Outdoor power sports. Mcdonough Ga

purchase: B+ cool salesman.. he will give you a decent price.. i paid 6800 for mine in 06. I think they could do better but the man has to eat also

Parts: A .... i always get hooked up at the parts counter. My buddy works there and myself and evlls1 always gets a discount and what we need right then

Shop: D- .... PPl are dicks there. The "meth mouth" guy that you have to deal with is kinda snappy. He dont have a clue as to what goes on in the back and will B.S his way into giving you an answer. Im sure they have good mechanics there but the customer service isnt there. It is all about their stealership and not satisfying the customer that just bought a 7500 dollar toy. I had problems with them on the fuel pump issue a few months ago but it ended up getting fixed.
hales yamaha
08raptor 6499
salesman asshole,wouldnt deal at all, told me 3 to 4 days to get it in and it took 3 weeks
parts were definately slow coming in.
c- and thats being nice

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Morgantown Power Sports http://www.morgantownpowersports.com/

F - Salesman laughed at me when I asked for a price for an 700SE then tried to sell me something else he did not have.
B - Pricing is not so bad
F - Part accessories store, Guys can't be bothered to help you, get annoyed when you ask them for a part or a price.
B - Service is good but when they tell me they cleaned the oil from my skid plate and I park it in my brand new garage to find a ton of old oil all over my concrete... I get pissed. Cheaper then quoted service is a +
Overall I would not recommend anyone to buy from there, I go to buy parts, boots, outerwear and services. I drove 80 miles away to buy my 700 Rappy and got a great price on it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
HATTIESBURG CYCLE, HATTIESBURG MISSISSIPPI.

bid on an 09 raptor 700 brand new for $4,993 forgot about it and got a message in my inbox saying please pay for your purchase. the guy came of as a douch at first but was OK after I told him I still was interested in the bike. The shipping to Miami was quick the only problem I had was getting the tittle which took almost a month, till this day they haven't given me a proper receipt. it says on my receipt $6,500 or some off number like that.
+A for price

for my parts I get them at Broward motorsports in Hollywood Florida but they really suck they never have anything in stock, you always need to order and come pick it up in for to five business days. Mind you that they have 3 stores and none of them ever have accessories available.

+F to BROWARD MOTORSPORTS IN BROWARD COUNTY FLORIDA

I'm overseas so anytime I need a part I get it at online stores or via the forum and have it shipped to my place in Florida.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Clinton County Motorsports (CCM) - Wilmington Ohio - Review

Knowledge A++
Workers here are always on top of their game. Any questions are always backed up by reasoning.

Quality A+
Every part or accessory that I have bought from here has been fantastic. Great place to get you yamaha, kawasaki, and ktm parts.

Customer Service A++
Always friendly and willing to spend time with their customers. They really care. I went to buy a helment there after I bought my R1. A lady saw me looking at the helmets and asked if she could help. Anyway she taught me a lot about helmets and how they should fit your head so they actually do their job. I ended up going from a $200 helment that I saw online to a $500 Shoei. Very glad I did because its a outstanding helmet.

Over all this is one of my favorite places to shop because I know I will be happy when I leave the door. Highly Recommended!

121 - 140 of 163 Posts