Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 03rappy:,..an others!
The pin is shown, I labeled a number four for the lever ( its represented by a red mark) inside the cam that pushes the pin up..the weights keep the pin out when the motor isn't running, so its easy to start, as soon as the motor gains enough rpm after it starts the momentum shifts the weights and the weights cause the lever to turn and close the decomp pin back into the hole. the weights are those shown on the end of the cam (denoted as (2)).

If you get a new cam and plan on installing it yourself-you need to take this out and put it in the new cam.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wow...somethings telling me I'll be assin out some cash for this install with the piston... :3question: I'll be giving it a shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a little intimidating if you've never done it before, but its not that hard..I recommend helping someone who knows how to do it before you do it on your own.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I'm in the middle of this myself. I have the motor apart far enough to do the stage one hot cam install. It's just been too freakin cold to go back in the garage the last few days or it would be done by now. It is intimidating to tear into the motor for the first time, but if you're patient and organized, it's no big deal. Just keep all the nuts & bolts well segregated, I use several small trays and keep all the fasteners for each stage together, i.e. all the body bolts in one, all the cam cover bolts in another one, etc....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.