Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I leave for a trip on wednesday and I just bought this 660 for super cheap. One problem is it needs tie rod ends bad. It has extended A arms(not sure how much to be honest). The rod itself is fine though so it only needs the ends.

My problems begins with this isnt the stock style tie rod and I cant figure out how to order them and I am very quickly running out of time. The tie rids are a female style and from what I’m reading is the “honda style”. So where can I get these things? A honda dealer? And if yes which model quad are they from?

Thanks for any help

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,571 Posts
You need to ID your tie rod size. Take a 12mm open end wrench and slip it over the rod, if it fits, its 12mm. Honda sport quads use 12mm tie rod ends. Any year 450's, or 400ex tie rod ends will fit.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
10,571 Posts
Where do you live?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah its definitely a 12 mm so I guess I’ll give the honda dealer a call today to see if they have any in stock. I just wasn't sure which honda’s used the 12mm tie rods, I couldnt find that anywhere. And I’m in Levittown PA.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
10,571 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All aftermarket uses 12mm the rods. Just go on eBay. Stay away from all balls they are junk. Honda dealer won't have what your after.

Below is what you want. The stock 660r ones are like 8mm and bend all the time. https://m.ebay.com/itm/4-American-Star-Yamaha-YFM-660-Raptor-01-05-Replacement-Tie-Rod-Ends/362016864676?hash=item5449e2f9a4:g:POcAAOSw9N1V1O8a
Not what he's looking for. His AM tie rods have male threads, not like factory female threads.
In addition to that, I have extended a arms. I originally bought those american star ones but had to return them cause they werent long enough. I ordered some moose racing tie rod ends for the honda style rods I have. They should be in tomorrow morning (the day I leave for my trip) so im hoping for the best.

·
10,571 Posts
Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welp, heres my update. They didnt work. The honda ones are just a tiny bit too small and womt thread on. I cant even guess what size these are anymore and I keep taking hit after hit on restocking fees or not being able to return things. So just gonna have to order an extended tie rod kit get everything all together.

So now onto the next question, where to do I measure from to figure out how much of an extention I have? also any recommendations on where to order from? Preferably ones that arent crazy expensive, im not going to be racing the thing just trail riding so I shouldnt need some crazy ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts