Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is what happened. Nobody really saw it happen, but I was a pretty Violent crash. Broken throttle made the bike keep running, after the crash.

I warranted a trip to the ER, X-rays and all. 9 Broken ribs and broken color bone all on the left side. Very bruised up. He was transported to Eugene (an hour away) for more care. He was in good spirits and joking around from what I heard.

Lets give Dez some well wishes to feel better. First ride after breaking 4 ribs 9 weeks ago, and then this.

Dez, hope you can recover well from this one. :(

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Hate to hear this. Hope the recovery is fast. Is the bike messed up?

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bars were bent down and the throttle is broken not won't work right. Otherwise it is ok. It was riden back to camp.

Last I heard is that the hospital in Eugene was going to release him at noon tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
7,786 Posts
DEZ,
We all wish you well and a speedy recovery, but they are ribs....it won't be speedy and you know this. Perhaps you should have them all removed to be more worm like. Kidding aside, we are all very happy to hear that you are ok otherwise. I am sure we will hear your side of things once you are able to. We look forward to your knowledgeable input around here, so get better!

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
Sorry to hear Dezperado and wishing you a very speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I know broken ribs can be painful, especially when you have to sneeze or cough. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the crash.. get well dez.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Dez, sorry to hear about your crash and you getting banged up. Your a great forum member and I know everyone is hoping for your quick recovery and more of your great insite and helpful posts..
Get well soon...

·
Valued Member
625 Posts
Really sorry to hear of your crash Dezperado. I hope its a speedy recovery.

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
Good Luck Dezperado...........
I know all about broken ribs, collar bones, shoulder blade.
This past winter I crushed 3 vertebrae................Very painful...............

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
He dosent know what happened either, maybe it'll come back to him next few days. I was behind him but didn't see exactly what happened either. Good to see him in good spirits when he left and I wish you the best. Hopefully the wife isn't to mad.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ya it was a bit scary for a couple minutes. He was knocked out when we got to him but 5 minutes later he was cracking jokes.

Then this morning Johnny decided to do his impersonation and rolled his bike. Lucky for him it turned out much better than Dez's.

It was good meeting all you guys and feel free to hit me up any other time you want to ride.

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Crazy stuff on this one as it wouldn't seem like a violent crash, but the results were certainly not good.

We did determine today that the rear tire/wheel hit his helmet and scratched it up. Good thing he had the helmet on as that might have been what knocked him out.

I did get the crash on video, but it's VERY far away on the gopro. I'm hoping I can zoom it in on the video program, but not sure what it will look like. I will have to wait till I get home to the desktop also.

It sucks for Dez for sure, with 2 accidents in a row that are not good, and this one being pretty damn bad.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts