Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,570 Posts
The belt is mine. I also let you borrow $500, remember?
It's all coming back to me, I DO REMEMBER. The belt is yours, what size is it again?? Are you sure it was $500, I thought it was $600? Either way, $600 works for me, including interest. Let me know when your flight information and I can meet you at the airport, allowing you to return home the same day. I'll need you to bring your copy of the IOU to mark it paid.

THANKS.

·
Super Moderator
7,786 Posts
Glad the humor never left, lol

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Lol. Keep the belt

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Looks like im late to the party again! Sorry to hear about the crash Dez but glad to see you are doing OK. At least you have had a chance to get out this year and ride. Did you at least get the video?

·
Premium Member
2,449 Posts
I saw this at the top of the home page and instantly thought "f***ing really, again?"
Didn't realize this was the second crash from a few months back.

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
I eventually watched the youtube that Adam put up and to be honest I found it quite disturbing when the man was lying there after the crash. It was not nice to see.

How is Dezperado doing now by the way?

These things happen so quickly in places you would never have thought. Anyone riding a 700 the way we just normally do can consider ourselves very lucky cause it can happen so quickly and easily.

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
last I heard he had the surgery's he needed and was in recovery. I had pins put in the collar bone and shoulder blade. it made it all hard for him to type so that is why he hasn't really been on.

I did cut out the worst parts of the video, and wasn't recording as we found out how serious the injuries were.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Ya it was scary at first to ride up and see him not moving at all while the bike is upside down/on its side with the throttle stuck wide open.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It was scary for sure especially before he started moaning. At least then we could tell he was alive. Hope I never have to see anything like that again.

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
last I heard he had the surgery's he needed and was in recovery. I had pins put in the collar bone and shoulder blade. it made it all hard for him to type so that is why he hasn't really been on.

I did cut out the worst parts of the video, and wasn't recording as we found out how serious the injuries were.
I know you were very conscienscious with which footage you made publically available and that was the right thing to do.

The message at the end of the day gets through that does not matter how easy the terrain, does not matter how much riding experience you have, anything can happen at any time and one must always be very careful.

We all take calculated risks all the time when we ride, and even so, it can go bad. So if you have never crashed, consider yourself very lucky. Cause you can fall off your bike in the drive way at your house too! :D

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
So.....where is Dezperado? Anybody know? He has been little too quiet. His last post was September 04.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,570 Posts
So.....where is Dezperado? Anybody know? He has been little too quiet. His last post was September 04.

I do; this is Peggy, Larry's wife. He has been checking on the Forum on a regular basis. We go back to the surgeon Nov. 4th for a check up. The surgeon is extremely pleased with his progress. While he is still thinking about whether he will ride again, he is going to physical therapy and has been cleared to go back to the "Y" for some pool time. He was working out at the "Y" three times a week before his crash. He is doing the work to get better even though it is a struggle. I keep telling him to take it easy but he pushes himself and does more than I think he should. He is still looking at a year long recovery period; he has plenty of time to think about riding again. I can't imagine that he won't get back on the bike again; he really loves to ride. We also have a son and grandson and daughter-in-law who ride. Thanks for asking about him.
Peggy and Larry

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
Thanks Peggy! Please send our regards to Larry! :)

·
Super Moderator
7,786 Posts
Definitely good to hear on his progress still getting better. The recovery is always a long one and we are glad to hear you are checking in on the forum. Don't push yourself, just heal yourself.

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
I do; this is Peggy, Larry's wife. He has been checking on the Forum on a regular basis. We go back to the surgeon Nov. 4th for a check up. The surgeon is extremely pleased with his progress. While he is still thinking about whether he will ride again, he is going to physical therapy and has been cleared to go back to the "Y" for some pool time. He was working out at the "Y" three times a week before his crash. He is doing the work to get better even though it is a struggle. I keep telling him to take it easy but he pushes himself and does more than I think he should. He is still looking at a year long recovery period; he has plenty of time to think about riding again. I can't imagine that he won't get back on the bike again; he really loves to ride. We also have a son and grandson and daughter-in-law who ride. Thanks for asking about him.
Peggy and Larry
Glad to hear he is making progress. :D
I know personally how long it takes to recover. Wishing him the best.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Great to hear he is making progress!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
He still owes me a belt and money...

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
^^^ I thought you guys resolved that issue?! :D