Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone out there that was looking at DG for their Nerf bar needs, you might want to consider some other brand! First of all these are with heel guards and foot pegs included. So you completely remove your stock pegs where the mount to the frame, and install your DG's at that same location. One problem, the bottom has a 1/2 inch gap between the steel of the peg mount and the frame which causes that lower bolt to break-off inside of the frame! I called DG in Corona, CA. to see if they knew about the design problem, and they told me that they fit just fine. I had to machine a aluminum spacer to fill the gap. Then a few trips later I was washing my machine and noticed that 80% of the TIG's (welds) had cracked or broken all of the way through! I got lucky and basically forced the place where I purchased them to take them back and replace them but with a different brand since I did not want to experience the same problem again! I purchased the Pro Armor Fat Pegs. They were a bit more difficult to install, but they are made much better and fit excellent! Just thought that I would let you guys know so that you don't have to have the same bad experience that I did!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Thanks for the heads up man. :thumbsup:

G

·
I have noticed that the welds on my friends DG grab bar had cracks in them. I guess I should have a look at his nerfs too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts