Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DG swingarm skidplate
Does anyone here have one?
If so, do you have any pictures of the sprocket clearance?

I have a gytr swingarm skidplate...what a fantastic pos. I'de like to beat the engineer that designed it over the head with it.
Strong? Sure, but it hangs up everywhere because it's 2"+ lower than it needs to be...on the rotor side too.
20200921_173743.jpg

I should have returned it when I had the chance.
PRM makes a perfect design, but they are out of business.
Check out the gytr garbage in the picture...it will be for sale as soon as I find a replacement.
Screenshot_20201120-115933_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201120-115911_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I spoke with Motosport, where I bought the gytr swingarm plate, and they sent a return label no problem, as it's be less than 90 days!
In the mail that pos goes!
Highly not recomended...unless you like being whiplashed to a stop trying to clear Anything.
The gytr A-arms and chasis skid are great...the swingarm skidplate...Garbage.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I spoke with Motosport, where I bought the gytr swingarm plate, and they sent a return label no problem, as it's be less than 90 days!
In the mail that pos goes!
Highly not recomended...unless you like being whiplashed to a stop trying to clear Anything.
The gytr A-arms and chasis skid are great...the swingarm skidplate...Garbage.
Actually, they are now reveiwing pictures of it for a warranty return, as it is used and cannot be a regular return.
Which I understand, but again, this thing is junk.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Check out the gytr garbage in the picture...it will be for sale as soon as I find a replacement
Lmao. Hey, this is garbage. Anyone want to buy it?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I bought this one from a forum member... i cant remember who but i can look it up. Super solid, very happy with it. Unfortunately i dont know what brand it is.

Attachments

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Went back and looked it up. Its an A/C racing skid i bought from member TorchTarga94

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I randomly found a youtube video with a Ricochet brand skidplate, and it looks like it has tight clearance.
It was posted by @Team 2 gils too, so I think I'll order one of those.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the ricochet skid and it fits really nice, I have beat the crap out of it and had to bend it back once already but it takes a beating. I would take a picture but the quad is packed in the toy hauler. I am leaving for Gordon Wells in the morning.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered a Ricochet
Quality appears to be better than the gytr parts, as the Ricochet have the same or better coverage, are clear anodized, black anodize is $25, I see blue on there too, price is much less, and the swingarm skidplate looks alot like a PRM, with tight fit and maximum ground clearance, as well as they are much cheaper.
I did many searches with alot of different wording trying to find swingarm skidplates, and finally they popped up.
I have never heard of them before, but their parts look quality, the have good reveiws, and a long history, so I'll give it a try.
Here's a couple pictures from their website.
www.ricochetoffroad.com

Screenshot_20201120-185639_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201120-185056_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the ricochet skid and it fits really nice, I have beat the crap out of it and had to bend it back once already but it takes a beating. I would take a picture but the quad is packed in the toy hauler. I am leaving for Gordon Wells in the morning.
Thanks for that, it's good to hear more positive about them.
I 'de like to see it whenever you do get a chance to take a picture.

·
Registered
512 Posts
So, I randomly found a youtube video with a Ricochet brand skidplate, and it looks like it has tight clearance.
It was posted by @Team 2 gils too, so I think I'll order one of those.
I have raced with this skid plate for 3 seasons and it is fantastic. Does not take up much clearance and is bullet proof. Every race I can hear rocks smash that thing and cannot imagine what my linkage and swingarm would look like without it.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
I bought this one from a forum member... i cant remember who but i can look it up. Super solid, very happy with it. Unfortunately i dont know what brand it is.
What's up with three different chain links and sections, lol? And, red grease all over.

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
What's up with three different chain links and sections, lol? And, red grease all over.
3 different chain links?? It is one chain with a rivet style master link like a sportbike. The red grease is the excess from my recent axle/bearings/hub replacement and i havnt rode it yet. The mud will wash it off, i promise

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
3 different chain links?? It is one chain with a rivet style master link like a sportbike. The red grease is the excess from my recent axle/bearings/hub replacement and i havnt rode it yet. The mud will wash it off, i promise

I saw the master, but the chain looks different on each end.

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I saw the master, but the chain looks different on each end.
No, its a 1 piece EK MVXZ chain with a rivet link. I dont like the clip links and i dont use cheap chains. I think my next one might be a DID though, they have figured out how to match EK's tensile strength and still be lighter so....

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have raced with this skid plate for 3 seasons and it is fantastic. Does not take up much clearance and is bullet proof. Every race I can hear rocks smash that thing and cannot imagine what my linkage and swingarm would look like without it.
Awesome, great to hear
Thank you!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts