Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad::mad::mad:I purchased a set of front and rear steel braided brake lines. When the came in I noticed that both sides of each run had "eyes" for the bolt...Was I supposed to get the set that comes with the distribution block or that "t"??? Will I be able to use the new ones I just got? If so where do i attach the "eye" opposite side of the caliper side? Just my luck today I think I bought the wrong brake lines:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Here is a visual to the lines i bought...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400222151005&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
No, you should have a small one, with eyes on both ends, a long one, that goes from the "t" to the one with eyes on both ends. And for the a-arms, you should have one with threads on an end, and a eye on the other. Where are you at in MI?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Nope, you are good to go Ford, the front lines both go directly to your front master cylinder and are both connected to the master cylinder with the long banjo bolt you get in the kit. This way the 2 lines come out of the master cyl and go each to one caliper.

·
VIP
1,060 Posts
You purchased a dual line kit.

If you notice the one banjo bolt is longer and is used on the front master cyl where you attach both lines with the single banjo bolt.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate it you guys...Big Big thanks to those that commented. Im heading to the corner store for a 12pk then turning a wrench on these new a arms I just picked up..And now since im good, ill be installing these lines!! Im in the U.P. near Marquette, nothing but woods for miles and miles

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhhhh so im bypassing the whole old system. Doing a double banjo right from the baster cylinder...then from master cylinder one line to the left caliper and one line to the right caliper directly??? Sounds good to me

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Copper washer between the two eyes or just bottom and top?

Nevermind...was told, how I have it is correct :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New Q....Anybody know how to remove this stock piece that the stock brake line ran through from the master cylinder before it hit that "T" and went to each caliper??

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang it... I wish I remember how to do that, I think it slides over and off....
you are correct, I figured it out and came to post my results an you had chimed in!! Thanks man :)

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
:mad::mad::mad:I purchased a set of front and rear steel braided brake lines. When the came in I noticed that both sides of each run had "eyes" for the bolt...Was I supposed to get the set that comes with the distribution block or that "t"??? Will I be able to use the new ones I just got? If so where do i attach the "eye" opposite side of the caliper side? Just my luck today I think I bought the wrong brake lines:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Here is a visual to the lines i bought...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400222151005&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Bro i asked you in the other thread if you realized you bought the 2 line kit? Its all good i have the 2 line also i love it cause it bypasses the crappy tee fitting which went bad on mine. So rip out all the 3 line crap and then run a new route from the resivior to the calipers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bro i asked you in the other thread if you realized you bought the 2 line kit? Its all good i have the 2 line also i love it cause it bypasses the crappy tee fitting which went bad on mine. So rip out all the 3 line crap and then run a new route from the resivior to the calipers.
Yea I recall, but I was'nt thinking correctly...I was thinking from the T a 2 line setup...not from the master. All good now though, you guys have been awesome help on this forum

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Yea I recall, but I was'nt thinking correctly...I was thinking from the T a 2 line setup...not from the master. All good now though, you guys have been awesome help on this forum
Glad you got it installed ok, now comes the pita part trying to get all the bubbles out of the line. It seams to be harder with the 2 line not sure why though:confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well here is a semi finished copy....Minus new houser Stem and new bars AND graphics...and brake line placement with clamps..I had to put plastics on before I hit the rack for the night just to see. Im liking it. The stock bars suck though :(

Went well tonight, just have to fine tune the tire angle and center my toe?? better. Here she is so far though. Thanks again for all your help so far guys

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Sure bro, glad you got it figured out.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Looks good man, I'll be anxious to see the finished product. And also curious to hear about how you like those Streamlines. I have those as well, but haven't had a chance to ride the bike and test them out yet, so no reviews yet. I've heard good things, but you will be able to ride them before I do.

·
VIP
1,060 Posts
If you haven't bled the front yet, you should re-route your lines to behind the top arm rear tube rather than going inside the arm like you have them.

Do you have brake line clamps? If not, here is a way to clamp your lines to the arms with some zip ties and a small piece of rubber hose.

I had some blue silicone hose and blue zip ties laying around, so they match my color theme.:) Cut 4 1" pieces of hose and then wrap the zip tie around your brake line, then through the hose and finally around your a arm tube and then pull it tight and cut off the excess.

You will end up with this, which keeps the lines evenly spaced away from the arms and very secure. Mine have been like this for the last two seasons and are still working perfectly. Best of all, it's basically a free mod, if you have some zip ties and hose in the garage.:D

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
If you haven't bled the front yet, you should re-route your lines to behind the top arm rear tube rather than going inside the arm like you have them.

Do you have brake line clamps? If not, here is a way to clamp your lines to the arms with some zip ties and a small piece of rubber hose.

I had some blue silicone hose and blue zip ties laying around, so they match my color theme.:) Cut 4 1" pieces of hose and then wrap the zip tie around your brake line, then through the hose and finally around your a arm tube and then pull it tight and cut off the excess.

You will end up with this, which keeps the lines evenly spaced away from the arms and very secure. Mine have been like this for the last two seasons and are still working perfectly. Best of all, it's basically a free mod, if you have some zip ties and hose in the garage.:D

That is a good idea with the zip ties lol. If I didn't have clamps I would do that. Is it better to route the lines on the back side of the arms??? I did mine on the inside closer to the shock:p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts