Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a set of Raptor 700 shocks off of ebay. The shock on the left have a slight bend in it, other than they are in great shape with no leaks. I got them for $35 plus shipping. The price was so unbelieveable I just couldn't let it go. What i'm asking is did I just waste $35 or is it a good find?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I just bought a set of Raptor 700 shocks off of ebay. The shock on the left have a slight bend in it, other than they are in great shape with no leaks. I got them for $35. The price was so unbelieveable I just couldn't let it go. What i'm asking is did I just waste $35 or is it a good find?
Idk i gess i dont understand how one good shock is an unbelievable find. I guess you could pm josh @ wiigstyle to find out how mouch to fix it if it can be fixed. Otherwise yes 35$ for one good shock is a great find now do it again and and you'll have a good set for 70$ bucks

·
Registered
115 Posts
I dont think you can run them with 1 bent like that so getting them cheap is great once you find another single 1 to buy, if i am wrong about being able to ride on a bent shock i am sure someone will chime in and let you know!

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Yes you jumped the gun, until you get the one shock fixed they're useless! Like somebody else said Josh @ Wiigstyle can fix them right up for ya and set them up for your weight and riding style!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well obviously I will be getting it fixed, and not ride it like that LOL. The guy said that even with the slight bend it still rode great and worked like it should. As soon as I get them in I will pm Josh with some clearer pics and ask him can he fix it.

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
just keep your eyes out for another one. Put a parts wanted thread out. Several members have had some serious wrecks lately. Plus its spring, bound to be more carnage.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats another option as well thanks LOL.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Found those on ebay didn't you? I saw them as well and almost bought them but didn't want to deal with the bent one

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^I was thinking the same thing, but for $35 I said why not. I can either have it repaired or just keep my eye out for another one.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ oh yeah do you remember his screen name?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nevermind I saw it, it already sold.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I rode with a bent shock for a few years, didn't even notice untill I had them resprung for my weight. A new shaft is 75-100 bucks so even after that you got a good deal.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info, where did you get it fixed at? I pmed wiigstyle but still haven't gotten a response yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts