Raptor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post this cause alot of people have had some issues with doing the oil change, either the crankcase bolt tearing the threads out of the crankcase or overfilling etc. I'm here to tell you that I followed the owners manual verbatum and it went perfect. Not exactly a monumentous achievement, but considering the variables, I'm glad I didn't end up with any issues. For the record, when I put the oil tank and crankcase drain bolts back in, I wiped them dry of oil, same for the threads on the tank and crankcase. I torqued them to 10ft/lbs each, used a new crush washer on the crankcase. No troubles. As for the filling part, did exactly as it says, put a bit over a litre in the oil tank, started it up, put the rest in. Let it run a couple minutes each time between checks. After checking two more times and topping up, it was bang on full. I didn't even take the engine oil cap on top off, which was good cause I didn't have a large hex key for my socket set like that. As far as quantity of oil coming out, it was roughly 2L. Basically the same as what went in. I used the Yamalube 10W-30, same oil that comes with the bikes.

MK

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.