Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys got into my topend today removed the valve covers then the main cam/valve cover. I did not see or notice signs of a gasket between the cam/valve cover and head. All I saw was a very very thin layer of sealent. No signs of any gasket barely was any sealent. My topend was never into before it got stolen then when it was stolen someone had to go into the topend cause you can tell "poor sloppy gasket sealent job." So to sum this up and need verafacation the valve/cam cover to head had no gaskets and very thin layer of sealent was found on out and inside of the surface but nothing was found on the surface such as gasket. Did the dum ass forget are was to cheap to put a gasket on??????

·
Registered
211 Posts
top between valve cover and head gets gasket sealent ,valve cover should have gasket rubber ring for both gasket seal will wear out this is normal good luck i use quick bond liquid gasket 1104

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply and the sealent reconmendation. Should I go with yamabond yamaha brand gasket sealer or go with that quick bond liquid gasket 1104??? Im happy to report back that i got my head block off and now it`s down to the piston.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts