Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i did barkers, pcv, and a Fci and it feels ok but no great i want more power like everybody......what would be the next step that you guys would take it you where in my shoes.....whats the best piston and cam setup to go with.....maybe even big bore piston and cam. Give me some advice thanks

·
Registered
850 Posts
To stick with pump gas go with a TQS 11.5:1 piston,HCIII, HDD 5050 or a WEB 4 and a +3 TB. Hit up one of the known porters and get a mild port and polish and and some clearanced rockers then you would have a good runner.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
melon farmer i see you got the hd5050 thats what i was going to go with do you like it? how much work is it to clearence the rocker arms....do you have any pics of what they look like after they are clearenced.....and for the extra money it cost over the HT3 is it worth it? thanks in advance everybody

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Addicted To Raptor
255 Posts
Spool it son!!! SPOOL IT.........

·
Registered
400 Posts
My sig as changed from what I ran on the first go around. But most is still the same. What has changed is P&P, 727, and 12:1 cp piston. The first build I ran a cp 13:1 with no P&P and stock bore and made 53 HP and around 42 pounds of torq. I was really happy with that untill my head gasket went out. I ran 91 octain pump gas and rode at 3400ft to 5000 ft elevation the quad was dynoed at about 4800 ft. So, if you add a 13:1 or 14:1 and just a HC3 you will see pretty big gains for not a whole lot of $$. @ 14 :1 you will need to ran higher octain and just to be save no matter where you ride, I'ed use higher octain even with 13:1.

·
Registered
850 Posts
For clearancing the rocker heres a write on it. I would leave it to the professional to do it.
http://www.************.com/communi...-clearance-exhaust-rocker-arm.html#post153309

You can see in my signature what I have done and I'm knocking down 67HP. Melons bike runs good as I have run him. I think he's got a little more stuff than he's telling. :grin_nod:
What you see is what there is, if you dropped the weight on your bike and got some skattraks then you would be right there or ahead of me. Get rid of them heavy sandstars!!!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
so i did barkers, pcv, and a Fci and it feels ok but no great i want more power like everybody......what would be the next step that you guys would take it you where in my shoes.....whats the best piston and cam setup to go with.....maybe even big bore piston and cam. Give me some advice thanks
Give us a budget you can afford mods get expensive quick and to turbo it you'll have to sell the big 3. So give us your price and hp you wanna reach. Plus your riding type. I went 778 big cam and great port with WK 54 mm tb Wasn't cheap I got about 1300 in the head and cam alone in new build.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dont really have a budget but dont want to spend more than 1500 to 2000 on it im thinking 734 kit cam and head porting big valves and bore the TB

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
theres a lot of power to be unleashed in the head. i would Port and Polish with a good cam. Racers Edge.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
dont really have a budget but dont want to spend more than 1500 to 2000 on it im thinking 734 kit cam and head porting big valves and bore the TB
youll be over 2k with that. easy

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
TURBO and some suspension you'll have all the hp you desire.some of these guys are getting 90hp with their stock motors and you could sell your big 3 to recoup some of your money, im just sayin is all

·
Registered
227 Posts
i would like a nitrous system with a WOT switch... the pc5 holds 2 maps make one a nitrous map and one a reg. big 3 map. when you feel like going fast as fuck switch on the gas and flip on to the nitrous map and your ready to go.. you might even be able to get one switch to do both...

·
Registered
35 Posts
To go with a non aspirated motor U need COMPRESSION to really get ur money worth. Without compression the motor has no ass behind its bark. So if u go NA research towards that goal with money limits in the back of your mind. Compression is the first key to HP. Then u decide on cams intakes and exhaust to put the powerband where u want it. And a cam is the key player in power band placement.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
To go with a non aspirated motor U need COMPRESSION to really get ur money worth. Without compression the motor has no ass behind its bark. So if u go NA research towards that goal with money limits in the back of your mind. Compression is the first key to HP. Then u decide on cams intakes and exhaust to put the powerband where u want it. And a cam is the key player in power band placement.
Normally aspirated:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts