Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replacing my right headlight in my 05 660R SE and I noticed that my stock left light had a slight blue tint to it. The right one I was replacing it with was clear.

Now I have to buy ANOTHER right light for it to match. Any ideas? Did they change in 05 or is it just a SE thing?

Thanks

Chad

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Are you talking about the housing itself, or just the bulb? If it's just the bulb, it could be nothing more than someone had one bulb burn out and was too cheap to replace both, lol. Pics?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill get some pics for you guys in the morning. I didnt even think of looking at the bulb

·
Registered
121 Posts
here is a question...have YOU replaced the bulbs?... all it looks like to me is the PO has put in xenon bulbs (the fake HID bulbs)... the bulb is blue and reflects blue in the housing....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is a question...have YOU replaced the bulbs?... all it looks like to me is the PO has put in xenon bulbs (the fake HID bulbs)... the bulb is blue and reflects blue in the housing....

I personally haven't replaced the bulbs. I will replace them and update from there. I did look at the bulb and I did not see a blue tint to it.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
The yfzs got the blueish lights at some point, so the 660 may have as well in the last year or two. No idea if it was a different bulb or an actual tint to the lens. I have some older yfz lights without the tint and my 03 raptor lights don't have it either. Haven't seen the color on a 660 but have on some YFZs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts