Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running edlebrocks carb, it was running awesome and then slowly started to bog the instant u give it hard throttle.runs great the rest of time. Now it dies if u try to dump to gas to it, if u make it past the initial spot it revs great. Don't know to much about edlebrock carb adjustment. Any ideas or suggestion would be appreciate it .thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please help!

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
You need to find somebody here with Edelbrock experience - there are some. Anybody???

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am fairly new to quads, I bought mine about five mouths ago like it is. It seems not very many people run edelbrocks on raptors. Maybe I just need to go back to dual carbs?thanks for any help

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Although there are a lot more of us here that can give you advice on the stock carbs, there are enough members running Edelbrocks that you should expect some responses... just have to wait till one or more of them come along... .... .... .... .... Hurry up! :D

The pertinent information is that it WAS running well at some point, but it has slowly gotten worse, correct?

Assuming the Edelbrock is similar to stock carbs and has no accelerator pump, I'd suggest the pilot jet is plugging up. If it DOES have an accelerator pump, I'd suggest that the pump adjustment screw (if it has one) may have come loose, or the pump diaphragm has begun to tear, etc., etc.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, it does have accelerater pump. Would I need to be getting more or less fuel to solve problem?

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
I would expect more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts