Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2013, Yamaha's "assembled in U.S.A." 700 models have been split into 2 categories: the raptor 700 and raptor 700R. I just wanted to know the difference, I can't really figure it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I know the 700r has the rezzy shocks and the 700 does not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the 700r has the rezzy shocks and the 700 does not.
Ah I see. That might be the only difference. Kinda like how they made the new yfz450 carbeurated and also without those shocks.

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
Ah I see. That might be the only difference. Kinda like how they made the new yfz450 carbeurated and also without those shocks.
Talkin under correction, i think the 700 does not have the digital display, where as the 700r has one.

The whole idea was to make the 700 cheaper since you are gonna mod it anyway with aftermarket shocks, so its just pigo sticks.

IMO the 2013 models they f'ed up. If they did not have a significant improvement in general, why change a winning recipe. Before I would by a 2013 model, i'd rather buy an old Rappy and mod it or build one up from second hand parts.

I have 2009 model, first year to come out with digital display. Very happy with that improvement. That wad a good change. But the 2013 with that stupid hood just sucks.

After a year on the market, lets see how that worked out for them. I appreciate economic downturn, but i think they should have gone for a special edition with awseome plastics like the 2009 special edition, but different colour, not just a special decal kit.

·
Registered
331 Posts
They also moved the front fenders up for bigger guys. I wish they would have done that to begin with, I'm 6'7".

·
Pity is freely given, Jealousy is earned
264 Posts
The difference in the 700 and 700R is in the shocks. The 700 does not has the rezzi, but the 700 does have the digital dash.
You can watch the full review here if you want to see some more .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp-_mRy7QOU

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts

·
ROTM Winner
1,008 Posts
Pacific Barbarian;1052706 I have 2009 model said:
What that you said about the new hood? Lol

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
Shows you how the new design has grown on me! LOL

When I read what I said I could not believe it! Then realised it was back in 2012.

I think i was still in shock then with the new style of hood. Now I like it!

Teenwolf, thanks for lifting me out on what I said 2 years ago. Lets see 2-3 years from now I will dig up some of your old posts!! hahaha!!!

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
LOL I still agree with the original comment. I still dislike the design.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Raptor 700- standard "affordable" shocks, different plastics

700R- super nice plush piggy back shocks with lots of adjustment. Adjustable brake lever. Different colored plastics

700SE - same as the R model except limited edition plastic colors, gytr bumper and heel guards

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
To clarify all raptor 700s from 09-12 had the digital display no matter if it's the R or not. 09-08 did not have display, 13-14 do not because yamaha wanted to lower the price

·
Registered
488 Posts
06-07 had more of a square design rear shock 07SE +14 had more of a round design shock the part that holds the reservar.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts