Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any "Major" differences between a Raptor350 and a Warrior? Plastic is obvious, but frame/suspension wise? Got a Warrior, Blaster , Banshee to keep me busy. Joined the site so I could search/trouble shoot. I also am learning the basic differences between various years:sherlock:. Just picked up an 87 with no spark. Gonna steal some parts off it for the other three, then flip it if I get it running or part what's left.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Motors are the same, The frames and suspension are different. I know because I bought a raptor 350 for like nothing with a bent up frame from a rich kid that hit a tree pretty bad. I bought a new frame and exhaust for it after looking into and realizing the warrior frame wouldn't work, flipped it and made enough to buy a 660! Not sure if anything besides the wheels will fit on your blaster/shee...

·
Registered
155 Posts
on the engine: exhaust, carburetor, camshaft and cdi are different i think.
raptor 350 and warrior are very similar and some parts are interchangeable even if they're different, like the suspension....
but this conversation about the differences between each other already has a looong beard. Search for other threads you'll find your answers.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Check the ignition coil, I've owned two 87 warriors and they are kinda known for burning up coils. or check the relay under the rear plastic left side attached to the frame. If your relay is bad I can sell you a brand new one with positive and negative wires. is it turning over at all? or could you have possibly blown a fuse?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply. The almost brand new mud lites and bumper are going on the other warrior, fronts swaped for the Blaster steels. Good to know plastics won't fit , it does need that. Should I post questions here or "Other Yamaha" to get answers on the Warrior?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes cranks with start button sometime not ,lol. Got stator off right now to ohm that. Gonna clean starter switch. Can "borrow" some parts off good Warrior to test some things. Been using battery charger to keep battery up while messing with it. Neutral light does come on.

·
Registered
296 Posts
many advantages to owning more ten one lol. I had two 87's and an 01 that i sold to my brother. i traded an 87 some extra parts and 500 cash for my 05 660 gytr edition.

·
Registered
415 Posts
a friend of mines '01 had no spark and it was the wiring harness. back in the back behind the battery where the cdi and stuff is, it had a broken wire. fixed that and it was fine. after he changed the stator, cdi, and coil. he had a blown up one for parts too. always was something stupid on that one. but the cdi or stator could also be bad. but clean out the starter switch, and check/clean all your connections too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I switched from a 99 350warrior to an 07 350raptor. Not a major difference in the engine. I felt like the raptor had more get up and go, maybe b/c it's newer? A part of that may have to do with my clutch on the warrior. It was a terrible clutch, I couldn't hardly pull it to shift, and when I did, there was too much lag time between gears. I don't know if I needed a new clutch cable, but before I messed with it I sold it for the raptor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts