Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get some new A-arms for my 05 660. What's the difference between long travel, and regular travel a-arms? And what would be a good set up for my ride style? I use to do trails, now I am really getting into the MX parks. So I want something I can use on trails if I wanna go there for a day but more for the MX stuff... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well the first thing to remember is Long Travel does not have more ACTUAL wheel travel then standard travel. The Long Travel will use a longer shock and have more shaft travel, but not more ACTUAL wheel travel. With the longer shock it is easier to get the valving and spring rates correct. Really it all depends on how much money you want to spend? I would recommend a set of good +2 a-arms and an entry level set of piggy back or remote rezzy shocks. Going +2 will help alot on the MX track.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
If you're an advanced rider who needs a highly tuned machine, then long travel is the way to go. The only real benefit to long travel is you can get them more highly tuned because the adjustments are more evadent.

For 90% of people here, I think ST is just fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i will have to see what i can get in the ST style...i love to ride but i guess i dont need all the adjustments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts