Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wonderin if anyone knows if theres any major differences between the 2 steering stems, i might be picking up an aftermarket 1 and if theres only YFZ 1s available then maybe ill just get 1 of them, idk just a question that came 2 mind, thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I picked up an YFZ stem when I bent mine. I didn't see any differences but a little play that I can't seem to get rid of. It may be just me, but it never bothered me to look into it further. It’s like 1 degree or so and most can't even tell its there. I like the one I came with because it had the adapters for the fatter bars.
:eek:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the Chrome 1, i might just have 2 pick that 1 up, thanks for the link

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just replaced a bent stem on mine... The part numbers for the YFZ and the Raptor Stems are different. My new stem is in (along with new seals) and there is no play. A new stem is like $90. If this one gets bent, I'll buy an aftermarket one like a Houser.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
The YFZ one is 1" shorter than the 700R. Alot of YFZ guys get the 700 stocker for alittle more lift on the bars.
700R must be the same length as the 660R then, or very close to it.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright new question, How much noticable is a +1 Stem over the stock height on the 700? im 5'6" and run Tag T2 CR high bend bars, do you think an extra 1" will help or hurt me more??

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I don't think side by side with the Cr hi bars its much higher if any. I have this setup, and the bars are the biggest position change. They don't pull back as much so it opens it up better. But you already have the Cr hi bars so you should be pretty used to it.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so i shouldent be worryed about an extra inch on the stem, it will acctually just leave alittle more clearence between the bars and the tank also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts